Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70888

Did the beams today and it was the right choice choosing to using beams!

For the covering the ends between the planks I cut down a 10x10mm beam in the middle.

It will stay here.
The rest of the shelf rack is a mess atm 

I'm out of energy today.
Plan is to stain the beams tomorrow and maybe cut the windows.
Beems is hold on place by wooden screws, easy to take apart.
The beam over the plank ends will be glued on place since I don't have scale hardware.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70891

Great progress today.
Windows were cut out, and the floor got a homemade black wash which is ment to look like dirt.
I made a "puddle" in the middle to simulate oil stains and spillage, dirt in front of workbench area and where the engine sits.

Beams got one coat of black/brown stain.

Nex on the task list is to make window frame + stain them and making the glass.
Then the frame for the barndoor windows and then the door.
After that make a proper workbench, glue the benchtop planks together + the double width shelfes.
Then I will make the shelf rack system for the scale "rc" cars. I want it to backlit as well, not sure how I want it done yet.

After that all the main construction is done and it is down to scale details etc.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70895

Love it. And thanks to give me ideas for a future project Richard.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70896

I would like my real future home with a like that floor. Cérusé in french.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70898

My favorite barn style scale garage builder is doing it again!

That looks great Richard, I do have a question.. Did you write window and cut in English so we understood what you were doing? I would have expected Swedish.
I have been watching RC Everyday too I really like his work on the Rat Rods and Crawlers although I don't think I would go to the lengths he does to weather the models and such.  I would love to have a scale garage set up like yours and his but I simply don't have the space to have one Well I do but the Wife wouldn't be pleased where I put it. So I will do without lol
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70904

I used to post on norwegian forums back in the day, but most of them has gone.
But never the less, I have written just as much in english as norwegian over the years when I mark things. I just just can't decide what to stick to lol 
I'm norwegian, not swedish lol

Yep I don't like to weather my vehicles either as I think 99 out of 100 times it looks fake, or overdone in most cases.
And in real life I tend to wash if my things get dirty, so do I with rc cars when done. And I hate to run in mud so my vehicles don't get a real weathering anyway, rc or not.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70905

Sorry Richard, I had Sweden in my head. I wont forget Norway from now on. :)  
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 3 weeks ago #70909

Made window frames today out of 10x2mm balsa strips. 
Will make the window divider later...

Also made the door..
Framing is drying as I'm typing this.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 2 weeks ago #70910

There is a high level 👏👏
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 2 weeks ago #70932

Today I fitted the roof lightning and it was exactly how I wanted it to look 
The led strip was mounted to a aluminium U channed and the fixed to the roof beam.

Also stained the window frames, but it did bleed past the masking tape making it a tad messy looking.
Most will be hidden behind a tool wall over the bench and posters on the other side...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.