Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71107

Sure it will be my next project after moving. My wife will hate you richard 😂😂😂

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71108

Maybe for the valliant ttg 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71114

Was not that happy with my backwall of my scale shelf rack so I needed something else.
My plan was to use some of the woodfloor my mate has installed in my flat, and then stain it.
But the piece I have seen earlier this winter was not to see anywhere.

But outside I have several sheets of real mirrors that once used to be in the hallway of my mothers house. I have taken those down when the house was sold back in 2011, thinking I might get use for those one day..
So here we are.
They are dead easy to cut with the right tool. They are about 3mm thick.

The piece was fitted to the shelf rack by cutting down some double side tape.
I did clean the mirror prior to fitment, but seems impossible to keep clean.
Think this was a bit better...

Cars back in place.
This time much less glare, and the mirror reflects the lifgt better onto the backside of the models.

I like the clearness of this pictture.
Much easier to see the models now

The pallet got a green/brown wash to make it look older with more green than brown it it.

Time to replace the cardboard mockup workbench with a real workbench.
I used a 10cm wide 2mm balsa for this.

For the corners on the inside I used some scrap 10x10mm balsa.
Notice the two small magnets on the ends.

The magnets on the bench side snaps onto these, which in turn will hold the bench securely to the wall.
This will make it easier to place the bench at the same spot over and over again.

That's how far I got today...
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71116

... a package from JR is on its way...

Not just a package, a whole pallet :D

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71117

I agree that the mirror looks more mirror like (obsv :whistle:) but IDK if it looks as scale as the metal tape from before - that had the advantage of being able to photograph the diorama from most angles without Gogmagog's camera & knuckles showing up ;)

Can you take the edge off by airbrushing flat clear, heavier on the edges & corners?
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71118

I agree that the mirror looks more mirror like (obsv :whistle:) but IDK if it looks as scale as the metal tape from before - that had the advantage of being able to photograph the diorama from most angles without Gogmagog's camera & knuckles showing up ;)

Can you take the edge off by airbrushing flat clear, heavier on the edges & corners?

I don't own a airbrush, sorry.
But I might try to fit some piece of acryllic with one side sanded over the lights.

Haha, I will try to leave out Goffmagog next time 

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71120

... a package from JR is on its way...

Not just a package, a whole pallet :D

Awesome looking pallet btw 

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71148

My last two small Tamiya buggies arrived today.
They are UCC versions with pull back motors and are slightlybigger than the Georgia ones.

White one is Georgia version of the Grasshopper

Placed in the shelf rack

No wonder the former back wall on the shelf rack was dull and had lot of glare to it.
Forgot to pull the protective film off it, duhh! 

The bench face has been painted white.
The "doors and drawers" is curing at the moment after mahogany and to coats of clear.

One of the barndoors got the stable window thingy made and stained.
The glass is a piece of scrap plastic that was brushed one coat of Tamiya smoke.
The window frame was a pain to make and took forever as the glue had to dry to make it not colapse while handled.
Need to make one for the other door and the windows for the backwall also needs to be made.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, AJB, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71207

Over the last week I have made a motorstand out of styrene bits.

My scale engine which is resin copy of the RC4WD 350 Chevy engine and are made to house a regular 540 motor.
I wanted to make it quick removeable so I made a drum that fits into the engine.

It just slides off

Engine needs to be fitted with exhaust, carb and valve covers + pulleys etc.
Not to mention a coat of paint of some sort. It will be hugger orange me thinks.

Today the engine stand was painted and assembled. Needs a bit weathering so I did not bother to put another coat on it.

As you can see, the workbench is also done now.
The handles are made out of some plastic coated wire ment for plants I guess.
I stripped the green coating off and let them bare.

And on Friday I bought Yeah Racing fire extinguisher as I can never make it this good.

Overall look now
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AJB, jord001, Ducksnuts

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 11 months ago #71208

I think I have a ghost engine 

www.youtube.com...k0oJKRjhl0

I have also made a short video of the garage..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.