Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68648

Thanks fellas!

Yep will be some time before any any build can happen..
But if you think it is crowded in there, it is worse in the living room as kitchen is still not finished so I can't put stuff in there either.
My mate has a heart of gold, but man he is slow working sometimes...

Happy to report Capri has been outside again, a tad longer this time.
The sheeps on the next door property scared him a bit, or rather he was unsure on them so as soon he saw them he wanted to go inside again.

Today I wanted to get somewhat started on the mancave room, so the clothes got sacked, sorry for the pun 
The remains of the old workbench was moved to the storage room after a bit tidying up.
Spare planks and shelves was moved to the side and I have started to screw together the old Ikea bookcase I bought a while ago.
First I needed to fix some of the end end shelves as they were a bit floppy.
My plan to either paint or cover it with white wrap, whichever is cheapest. But lack of time ment I did not get to do that before the move.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68653

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Congratulations on the move Rich, it’s looking good. It’s transformed from the early pictures where it literally was a building site.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68777

Finally there is progress being made.
Yesterday I fitted the secondhand desk plate and I bought and built one Ikea Alex drawer section to match the other I had from previously.
Now there is a desk and shelves, I could finally move up the rc stuff from the garage downstairs.
Notice there is no cars in these boxes, just parts and hobby related items.
It got messy quite quick as I did not have enough time to unpack today.
But more progress the last days than before, or it seems anyway.

As my new mancave is on the small side at 224x229cm and angled roof, there is no room to have my rc cars in there.
Instead I plan on use the big cabinet in the hallway the garage.
Here I have just put in nearly half of my collection.
I'm out of shelves so I need to get them cut for me, Think glass as most of them are. Need at least 3 of them.
When the storage room is finally ready to get used as a storage room, the doors will come of so I can still have bumpers on my cars. Now they doors will not close with bumpers on.

And hallway is finally clear of things (that was before I got the boxes of cars which still needs to be put somewhere)

My car failed on the MOT test so next week will be spent to get that ready for the retest.

And a good mate of mine visited me today and donated loads of new parts.
He had a clear out and wanted to give that to me. I could not say no to that. I really appreciate that.
No Tamiya items, but the parts will be handy for other projects.

So this has been a good day 

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68789

Congrats Richard
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68791

congrats from me too
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68792

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
It’s taking shape, I love the display cabinet.
Cool looking place you’ve got there Rich.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68799

... my new mancave is on the small side at 224x229cm and angled roof ... 

Wow. That prompted me to measure mine (ooh, matron!) – positively palatial at 2.24m x 3.65m, and square up to x 2.35m high.

Note to self - whinge less about my hobby space :whistle:

:)

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68800

Looks like its coming along really nice Rich!  Congrats!

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68807

Thanks fellas!

More progress today.
Stuffed the cabinet even more

And how my mancave looked this evening, getting there!
The work desk is a recycled kitchentop and the ends are Alex drawers from Ikea.
The 2 lower shelves is also recycled from my old shelves. Funds do not allow new ones atm.

Some things there is simply not room to unpack like the top box with the Big Bears.

Had a look through the big boxes I got from my mate yesterday.
OMG, there was so much of great stuff! Not a single item was something I did not want to have.
Just amazing.
Will post some pics later this week so you can see for yourself 

And if you wonder, there is 32 items in the cabinet now..

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #68808

Yeahh rich. Can't wait to see this mistery box. You already did a lot of work. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.