Keyword

TOPIC:

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64280

Moin, since i promised Stefan, 1 of my Simca print file testers, a BMW 3.0 E9 series i am starting to work on it. I had to increase the width of the car to 182mm to make it fit to tt-01 touring car chassis.
so do you guys think it is not noticable, that it is out of proportion in 1 direction?

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lemsko.

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64282

Another nice project 

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64284

so you think its not that noticable that it is squeezed and made wider than the original?

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64285

How much did you widen it? I'm guessing c.10%? I've messed about with proportions more than that without (I think) issue, there's quite a lot of fiddling required with most RC cars anyway, with the chassis being much wider and shorter than 1:1 car proportions.

I think the key things on that design are the angles of the nose & tail, and the heavy waist trim giving an impression of an inward curve underneath it, if you keep (or possibly even exaggerate those slightly) it's going to keep that iconic look.  :y: B)

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64288

Thank you for your input.....and i already feared i would have to go for the dtm race version with its extreme wide body kit and the ridicilous big wing in the back.
(but still i think i will make a wide body kit for it too for the people with no taste for classic lines :P )

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64301

Looks good to me.

You could widen the wheelarch slightly to be able to cover the wheels.

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64302

I already have a nide tt01 for it :p

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64403

and it already takes shape, must say now that i am modelling it i am getting in love with the flow of lines the body has

Attachments:

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64408

Ohh man! You're really fast. When I think that I am not able to download a software to see your models..... :D

BMW 3.0cl for tt-01 or tt-02 3 years 1 month ago #64414

LoL. This is 6 hours and its only the basic carge. Dont worry, it gets slower when i start to add details

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.