Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64547

Hi

About to build a Lunch Box. Any tips and advice on how to stop it from doing wheelies and drive more like a Monster Beetle? I will upgrade the dampers to CVA to start with. 

Thank you in advance.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64548

Why??? The lunchy is made to do wheelies. :DYou can put a fifth shock in the middle of the rear train and the chassis or a arm.in the same place .

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64549

You can put lead on the front too. Cva shocks are always a good option

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64550

I like the model and wanted to build a van. Was hoping to have more control by it not doing wheelies.

Looking at the chassis, can the battery be mounted in the middle and over the back wheels?

Thanks

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64551

The origin of the chassis was the montero Paris Dakar in 83. The battery was upper the diff. It looks like this in the spirit. (The picture is my hybrid from a cw01)
Attachments:

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64552

The apparent option of putting the battery over the back wheels is a hangover from when the chassis mould(s) were previously used for the Pajero Wheelie & "packed" 6v & 7.2v hump packs were the thing.

The Lunchbox & Pumpkin have always had "stick" packs low down in the chassis - the shafts of the shock absorbers on the rear actually pass through the old battery platform when compressed.

Simple was to control the wheelies - fit the wheelie bar upside down when you build it :)

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64564

Thanks 

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64569

You can also try to fit a tad bigger wheel on the wheelie bar. From airplanes or something like that. One of each side should do it.
I also seems to remember there was a company that made foam wheels for the Lunchbox, but I bet that company is long gone and parts will be very hard to find.

In the 90s when it was common to use those battery holders for x4 AA batteries, I used to place that holder in front of the servo to give it some more grip up front and to tame down the wheelies as I liked to run at full speed all the time.
You can do the same today, tape 4 AA batteries together and fit it in front of the servo 
And if you want to you could make that power your headlights at the same time 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Tamiya Lunch Box 3 years 1 month ago #64570

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.