Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65476

Hi folks, just a quick question about the lunchbox. 

I'm restoring my original Lunchy and will be putting it back to totally standard with hopefully a box art body.

The original box art pic is yellow and i'm guessing Tamiya colour TS16 is the right one but does it match the wheels which were yellow as standard but unpainted?  Or do I simply paint them the same colour? 

Thanks in advance

Lee

Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65477

100% original. Lemon yellow for the body and standard rims. They are darker than the lemon yellow
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65478

Thanks Stingray, I think I may possibly be able to live with the mismatch but I have a bit of ocd with things like that :)  My other hobby is Airbrushing so colour is quite an important thing for me and I see very slight colour differences so it may drive me to paint the wheels too lol  So is TS16 the right colour?

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65479

Yes Lee it is. I love airbrushing to. But my skill....

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65480

Thanks. 

I've been airbrushing since the mid 80's Started with tshirts and went onto Motorcycle crash helmets them changed to paper and canvas etc  Done a few motorcycles but didn't get pictures. No mobile phones till late 90's and cameras were expensive. 

First Alien themed helmet around 1987

A pic of Herman Munster I sent to my friend in NY state 

Some "real fire" sort of..  

And a portrait I did a few years back. 

Hoping my experience comes in handy when doing some of the paintjobs.  Or I may even do a proper custom job..

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Last edit: by jord001.

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65481

Ohhhh man! That's awesome. I'll send you some bodies. You're a talent. 
portrait and flamming are crazy. I love them.

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65484

Thanks. I don't know how I would get on painting RC car body small.  The flames are quite big 60cm x 45cm approx,  Herman is only 18cm x 12cm postcard size, cheaper to post to America. And the portrait is 45cm x 30cm, So only Herman is quite small.  Saying that I did a couple of 10cm x 10cm fridge magnets for www.supershoes.org.uk/  which are smaller.. 

www.facebook.co...e_internal

There's a guy named Steve Leahy who I know and follow on various platforms. He normally paints small, like razor blade small, Now he is a brilliant artist. stevenleahy.com/  I have learned a lot of things from him. 

I just do it as a hobby when i'm in the mood.

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65485

I like the skull

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65487

I would like to have a flamming like you did on a rc body.

Lunchbox Original paint 3 years 2 weeks ago #65488

Thanks. I don't usually paint that small so RC bodies will be a challenge. I am ok at taping/masking up and have lots of fine line tape plus I have a vinyl cutter so can cut shapes from paint mask film which I also have.  I will try to find time to attempt flames that small on a hard surface to see if I can paint that small, it might be doable on an rc body if I can pull that off. .. Can't say when as my work gets in the way a lot and I end up working strange times. 

Lee

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.