Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

King Yellow 1 year 6 months ago #72783

Hi all, quick question on behalf of a friend who has just bought her hubby a King Yellow for Christmas (lucky fella) She has asked about what Tamiya paints are needed for a box art model finish? The Kit is sealed so she doesn't want to open it to see the manual. thanks in advance.

Al
Just staying busy .. need a bigger shed or new places to hide things!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

King Yellow 1 year 6 months ago #72784

Hi all, quick question on behalf of a friend who has just bought her hubby a King Yellow for Christmas (lucky fella) She has asked about what Tamiya paints are needed for a box art model finish? The Kit is sealed so she doesn't want to open it to see the manual. thanks in advance.

Al

Just Tamiya PS-19 Camel Yellow, it's important to get that specific shade to match the doors & window frames on the decal sheet. Everything else (including the lights and tinted windows) are also part of the decal sheet.

I've yet to build/paint mine, but I think painting it with one 100ml can would be marginal, better to get two?

Perhaps you could also recommend a Tamiya JIS point screwdriver & some sprue cutters :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, alanhyoung

King Yellow 1 year 6 months ago #72785

Thanks Jonny .. she can now go get all the bits she needs.. nothing worse than getting a present and it not having batteries and the shops are all shut ( story of my childhood) 
Just staying busy .. need a bigger shed or new places to hide things!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.