Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 12 years 1 month ago #7316

:dry: Have you seen the scale accessory's from proline ?.
prolineracing.c...assortment

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10266

Suddenly had the urge to a bit more in this department, so some inspiration:

Parts for the axle stand; round base is the same size as a 23ml Tamiya paint pot, it'll get cut back later ...

Glued together; inner bit is free to move, once the drill bit is removed :whistle:

Base cut back, feet added; chain was a bit impractical for the peg, so I used some copper wire instead:

:)

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10267

Starting on the trolley jack:

Adding wheels and "castors" :whistle:

This isn't going to be a working model, but the handles & lifting are will be poseable:

Working on the notched lifting "cup":

Complete; apart from taking it apart again for painting:

It turned out a bit stumpy TBH :)

Re: Scale boxes 11 years 9 months ago #10276

:P jonny,
you are just crazy or psychopate :silly:
I love your accessories :y:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10285

Painted the jack & axle stand ... blue ins a mix of flat Aluminium & dark blue, but the fact it's metallic doesn't show up in the photo :(

Attachments:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10484

Had a go a some cardboard boxes... started by finding a template on t'internet & then putting a carboard texture on it, printed & cut out a few ...

Also cut two in half & lined the insides ...

Half boxes got some bits in them & put on my shelves ... I'm still hoping to fill these with stuff I've entirely made myself ... I'm getting there but they still need a lot more small stuff - no-one has 1:1 shelves that don't have a load of kipple on them ...

... the Tamiya kit boxes are 1/2 sized versions of the Christmas Boxes I posted on TC :)
Attachments:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10485

This isn't going to be a working model, but the handles & lifting are will be poseable:

WHAT ?? No working hydraulics?? You're slippin mate.. :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 9 months ago #10495

I think you can see where I'm going with this lastest installment ...

... bits glued together ...

... painted ...

... & some scale hose ... scale cheap blue polypropylene rope is a few copper strands out of a cable, twisted together with a drill & painted sky blue :)

Attachments:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 8 months ago #10663

Lost the text for this update, so you'll have to make do with the pics :)

Attachments:

Re: Scratch building scale accessories, + weathering 11 years 8 months ago #10666

Moving on ... some rough shaping:

Bits sanded, filled & sanded again:

Can you tell what it is yet?

This should be a give away:

More little details:

Paint:

Still have some way to go before those shelves are filled:

:)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.