Keyword

TOPIC:

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 10 months ago #66576

The jonny's willy industry. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 8 months ago #67533

Bought this head on eBay, has a good level of detail on the face, but also has had too much primer sprayed on in one go, with no cleanup beforehand. Result is very poor adhesion & fisheyes all over. Have sanded/scraped off the primer, cleaned it & will re-prime at some point. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 8 months ago #67537

It looks like  wild one pilot 

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 5 months ago #68793

One one my Willys (my 2nd Stunt Car Racer one) showed up in an LWB Wild Willy M38 on eBay (www.ebay.co.uk/...4957354407) ... TBH I'm not sure the uniform suits a boxart body, but at least the seller isn't passing my work off as someone elses, or even professional ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 4 months ago #69379

Painted a few more faces while I was doing the Hagglund driver :

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 3 months ago #69393

Jonny, did you make the figures that are used in Rcingabout Garage? 
Regards

Lee

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 3 months ago #69398

Jonny, did you make the figures that are used in Rcingabout Garage? 

Nope, same thing though - Wild Willy head grafted onto Mezzco Osbourne figures. I believe toykid on TC was the first to do "the op" ;).

I bought my first ones in 2014, by it was a while before I got round to doing anything with them (tamiyabase.com/...lly-famliy).

The jack figure seems to be the most popular, but there are a lot of Kelly and Sharon figures out there too. AFAIK there are two slight variations of the "regular" Ozzy figure, plus a "batwings" version that needs quite a lot of trimming. All have got increasingly rare and expensive.

I've accumulated quite a few, and all have now been under the knife - but without any clear idea of what to do with most of them :)

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 3 months ago #69408

I take back the "rare" & "expensive" thing - mostly.

While not exactly awash with the things, eBay (search on "Mezco Osbourne"), you could have any of the permutations. I was wrong about the 2nd "standard" Ozzy figure, it's a different sculpt with a plaster cast on one foot. There's also a second Kelly figure with different paint & possibly "pointing" with a different finger ;)

Regular Kelly figures start pretty cheap (8 GBP), and Sharons at not much more (13 GBP). Ozzys are more than I'd want to pay now (25 GBP+) , and the cheapest Jack figure is 32 GBP posted from the US .

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 1 month ago #70541

Been working on the 8 Willy driver figures I built & primed a long while back ...

I wanted to try stencilling (& stippling) helmet numbers this time, on the bigger/rougher yellow it looks good, on the smaller/denser black, not so much ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 1 month ago #70542

The 4 Ozzys are ready to go on eBay at some point, I will keep one lumberjack & one Air Cav Willy, but I'm not going to handle the cleared helmets until I have to :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.