Keyword

TOPIC:

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 6 months ago #68840

I may find a black and red available before a blockhead motors one. My next visit to the shops will be likely early December. Maybe by that time, they will have received some.
And if I take a blockhead, I may get a blank body shell in addition... Not sure yet how I'll do it. And even if I get it in December, I have no clue the sequence and timing for the build. I just know there will be a Wild One build for 2022....
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 5 months ago #68981

Nice video, made me think of the car as not quite so much of a shameless cash in from a pointless "designer" ;) 

Did lack a bit of pace though, the studio 2nd act was way too long.

The voiceover is pretty accurate, apart from there was always a point or to where the original VO guy would trip over something in the script. What I was never clear on was whether they just did the one take as any more would cut into their drinking time, or whether that was like the best of 23 takes ;) 

The old promos are quite interesting in that there's a definite point at which "Ta mi ya" goes from being pronounced as an evenly/unstressed three syllables, to the modern US English stressed/stretched 2nd syllable "Ta - MEEEEEE - ah".
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, mirrorman

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 5 months ago #69046

That is so cool!  I love the retro style!
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69305

I am a BIG Wild one Fan but had originally thought not to get one of these  I had thought the same about the Knights custom Sand rail conversion kit but of course have one of those now   It's just as well to as I've had Mr Knight over for a BBQ   My plan now is to sell a few of my Original (good condition but need resto) Wild Ones to free up space on the shelf and to fund the purchase :)

As I browes thru myminifactory this morning searching for something, I found out that Mr Knight stl files are on minifactory. If you have access to someone who has a MJF or SLS PA12 printing capability, that might be a very interesting option in terms of costs...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69327

I couldn't resist any longer and have ordered one

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, mirrorman

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69328

Well, I have to confess I may have accidentally booked one to my dealer by mail earlier this week while ensuring the on-road kit my son wanted for Xmas was available  .

For the small story, the shop is not exactly nearby, and it will take some time to get there and to come back. But as my wife needs to go to a shop 2 kms from there to get some specific horse stuff, I have an accidental incitation to visit the hobby store :). And I may also have accidentally booked another on road kit for me   and maybe I'll come back with some accidental findings (just because of travel cost, this is something that we need to max out so we avoid going there every months - at least it sounds logical to optimise shipment fees :-D)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69329

Nice!! Two more ordered!! My backorder got pushed from Nov to Dec. Lets hope it doesn't get pushed back again!!!

Today is Thanksgiving here in the states so plenty of turkey and football around.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69330

I'm liking this more & more ... unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) all the obvious UK suppliers (Fusion, Modelsport, Jadlam) & all the others I looked at will let you order - but are showing a projected delivery date late in April 2022.

I recall the UK getting the short end of the stick with the Wild One & FAV releases too.

That's not to say that you can't get one for Christmas - just that you'll have to pay eBay scalper prices. The two I saw yesterday were a BIN of 400 GBP & a starting price of 375 GBP + 25 GBP post. Today there's one at 650 GBP BIN. I doubt it will have any impact on the thieving Berkeley hunts, but I'm about to add all three to my eBay blocked list. 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69331

I believe the fact lot of shops presenting this as very limited edition is quite contributing to the disorder... 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Wild one blockhead nice promo video... 2 years 4 months ago #69332

Not sure about the financial feasibility shipping wise but Tower Hobbies in Chicago usually gets stuff pretty quickly.... 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.