Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74584

These are just supports, as the part get printed from the bottom and there are overhaning shapes.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74585

Yeah... Supports... Any slicer do it's own representation of those things... And that's the main difficulty of resin  prints, I suspect...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74586

Thank you.  Is it because tires will be printed with a soft material like rubber?

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74587

No, it's because supports required...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74592

Following some reflexions on the supports following some comments I received, I went to the resin manufacturer website, and beside the profiles, there is also detailed support configuration to use for supports generation.

I did import that data in Chitubox, there is now plenty of support on the build plate... The documentation provided by the manufacturer even details the resin exposure and lifting times and height within optimal temperature range and additional information for another range of temperatures (parameters are expressed in % augmentation compared to the same parameter in optimal conditions). I set an order for small heater to put in the resin chamber, and it also include air filtration. It's set to arrive on Sunday, and in the meantime, I'm printing a few elements in the X1C for the Photon M3 : a cover riser to be able to pass a cable under the cover, a drip mount, and I'll also print a VAT cover, and a VAT drain support (I will need to find 1 meter of 2020 extrusion for this one). 

In short : I'm getting ready for my resin  testing. I have some stuff to do tomorrow morning without any link with rc or 3D printing... Hopefully I can get back to this tomorrow... No news yet regarding the plexiglass sheet, they are expected over the course of next week...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74593

Can't wait to see your print. Is the resin like my printed grB/959 tires? 

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74594

I have no clue yet :-)

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74595

Soft plastic like hard rubber and shiny like they were varnished.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74608

There was a 3D puzzle preloaded on the printer... It was printed first day, my son tried to find the solution for a week, and finally, we got it assembled...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 week ago #74609

Really fine of print quality. 👍

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.