Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 day ago #74743

Beside the Samurai, my Ninjas as well need tires...

The print have the same issue than the Samurai... And from the discussion I got in a french forum related to 3D Printers earlier today, it may come from a suction cup issue. I've added a hole in the slicing next to the the plate in each tire and relaunched a print to validate if it is actually this or not...
Anycubic snet me a file to print without even taking care about the exposure time needed for the resine I use (I may be a bit off the standards, here :-) )
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 day ago #74744

These spikes are interesting.  Better than the micro spikes used actually. They should be awesome with the dt03.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 17 hours ago #74748

With a hole on the tire thread placed near the bed, no issue anymore.

In short : only remains eventually to test alternate rubber resin to identify the best one for this application. I've printed near perfect tires last night (just remains some traces left by the supports), and I'll get them running as soon as possible... I may try to find other resins with even lower shore, but this test is already much better than a FDM TPU print.

My process may not be optimal in terms of resin consumption, I've printed about 10 tires already, a set of two Samurai tires are in progress as well. and it should make for 12, with one kilogram of resin, and this can probably be optimised further (remember I'm a full newbie in SLA resin 3D printing)...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 3 weeks ago #74836

Last night, I launched a long print (ok, ot so long, it would have taken much more time on the E5+)...

The Big Bear / Super Wheelie 3 part chassis for dimensional test... Next will be in the Super Wheelie and Big Bear thread (later this afternoon, I won't have any time this morning)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74955

I've identified and ordered some different flexible resins with lower shore than the one I already used. One of them is even translucent and can be colored. I should be able to do more testing soon on tires topic :)

Beside this, while searching for those, I identified other resins with interesting properties for other applications. The resin finish (with proper post processing) is better than any FDM print (and even than Nylon PA12 MJF prints), and that gives some interesting case for the future. I still have some doubts about HDT and how this results in real usage, but that could make it for nice and strong technical parts... Further tests to come in the future :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74968

One of the issues I have to sort it with the tires is during the curing process : it is difficult to have the inside of the tire exposed properly... One of my friend suggested a UV led ribbon. It can be cut to fit a certain length, and is powered by USB...

I just need to build a structure to position it easily in the tire center, bring the usb cable in and this without disturbing the nomal curing process. I decided to bring the usb cable from the top and I still need to find a way to power / unpower it easily...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74969

I'm sure you'll find a solution like always. 

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74970

Translucient resin so, you can build red green yellow or blue tires. 😜
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, Ducksnuts

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74982

Currently printing...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #74985

While the printer works, I built a tool

a 2020 extrusion, few angles, few t-nuts and screws...

That should be practical to empty the VAT with a filter on top of the bottle...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.