Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46377

Hi guys I was running my 959 and I noticed the wheel was out of shape, I checked the car and saw the r1/r2 part at the back was cracked does anyone know where I can find a substitute part or a original anywhere or does anyone make metal or plastic reproduction parts, thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46378

Hi, You can find that on the bay. new spares.

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46380

Yeah, I had a look but couldn't find anything, the only way I could think of getting it was buying a donor car but it's not worth it just for the one part but thanks anyway for the suggestion

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46386

Same if you search in «all the world» or only around you. ? I don't see very well but they are upper rear arms?

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46387

Yeah I tried world wide, no luck, it's the part which the rear wishbone slots through and connects to the wheel, it's labelled part r1 or r2 in the Manuel

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46388

Dog bone not wishbone*

Last edit: by sol959.

959 parts 6 years 5 months ago #46405

HI There,
Yes the 959 / Celica Gr. B R parts are just about impossible to find and also the most commonly broken part on these cars in my experience. There have been some aftermarket setups TBG did a carbon fibre set years ago.......

Looks great, not sure how well they worked but does give you some ideas about what you could build if you wanted too. More recently I have seen alloy sets available on ebay and they looked like very good replacements a bit pricey but... but the wow factor is high.....

Just now I did a quick search and what do you know there is a seller on shapeways called FLEXVALVES who has 959 Celica arms, looks like it might be the best option.

The very best option would gave been for Tamiya to make bigger screw holes or not used wood screws in the first place! I fear that as more of our current cars age we will see more cracking problems too :( . So remember kids; enlarge those screw holes a bit or use pivot pin sets where you can!..... Think I might order some of those shapeways arms myself and give them a try :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by oldwilly.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.