Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #68855

Hi Guys,We are a start-up RC company focusing on the redesign and re-engineering of "commonly" failed components from any of the Tamiya catalogue of buggies and road cars.All your worries regarding the notorious VQS G11 part have been solved. Please find the link below to our eBay listing.www.ebay.com.au...5139133285Also, please let us know of any other parts from the various Tamiya models that need addressing. You can get us at rcevologic@gmail.comCheers, Robert 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69035

Hey, this is a pretty cool idea.  The G11 part is indeed a big problem and had been impossible to find until the re-re came out.  A machined version should be virtually indestructible.  I didn't see any actual link in your posting but I think I found it on eBay .

As for other notoriously fragile parts, the first thing that springs to mind is the A5 front suspension part from the Thundershot chassis.  I've seen a couple of upgrades on eBay, but they are pretty crude (sheet metal strap).  A true replacement would be welcome.

I'd also love to see a replacement driver figure for the Avante 2001.  Not a very big market I suppose (unique to the 2001), but they sure are hard to find.
The following user(s) Liked this: robertb1603

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69036

I think that manobet does machined A5 part for the thundershot and terra scorcher.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69037

The G11 part was featured on the RC Kicks channel a while ago if I'm not mistaken.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69042

I have one on the re release Terra Scorcher and it fits perfectly.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69044

I think that manobet does machined A5 part for the thundershot and terra scorcher.

I'm curious to know how that works.  The original A5 part receives the screw pins for the front lower suspension arms, and those screw pins use self tapping threads.  It is not clear how you would get self tapping threads to work with a machined part.  Are there are also machine threaded screw pins to go with the machined A5?

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: robertb1603

Last edit: by blakbird.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69047

Hinge pins without self tapping threads, and e-clips, I suppose.
As matter of fact, the thread is also one of the reasons the part A5 is breaking (it is always one of the two sides where the thread is going that breaks).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, robertb1603

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69048

Hinge pins without self tapping threads, and e-clips, I suppose.
As matter of fact, the thread is also one of the reasons the part A5 is breaking (it is always one of the two sides where the thread is going that breaks).

Agreed.  The self tapping threads are the whole problem.  Each thread tip is effectively a crack and those cracks grow when the parts sees an impact (such as from a jump).  A5 would probably be fine without modification if the model were simply built with hinge pins instead of screw pins.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69050

I'm unsure blackbird if they do it but they are open for design this part. A friend of mine worked with to design parts.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69052

Hi all,

Yes...you did find it, its item no: 255139133285 on eBay. My profile also is design111111.

In latest developments we are upgrading the shock towers of the VQS, that is G5 & G6 parts to 7075-T6 just like the G11 except we will anodise both towers in satin gold to match the front hub carriers. The design is already looking wicked with a simpler design, more material and cut through sections for weight reduction. Definitely a must have when they come out around Xmas!!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.