Keyword

TOPIC:

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19493

Oh its a real shame you cant find a reproduction retro shell for it, could you not maybe squeeze a sand scorcher shell on there or something?
Im sure the nissan shell will look awesome, it's just me being offroad obsessed. :evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DanDare420.

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19513

I was poking around the interweb for a 1:12 onroad chassis and came across this...

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19534

55 Euro a nice price for this?
kleinanzeigen.e...ref=search

Only the front-right axle arm is broken but with full electronic incl. akku and loader!

Edit: Ignore this post... The owner answers me that there is no gear in the box. Motor is rusty, remote is not a 2,4ghz. :n:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19535

Wouldn't have been a bargain without body and bashed like that. ;)
It's a TT-01 after all...

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19619

Now this is interesting - a very early Macgregor radio control system that would typically have been used in boats, due to its very limited function ... note that the TX has two controls - an on/off switch and a single button.

TBH I don't really have a lot of knoweledge about really old gear like this, but te thing optimistically described as a servo is I believe an "escapement" mechanism, where each press of the TX button cycles through a very limited number of options, for example for a boat you might have it set up as:

1 - rudder neutral, forwards power
2 - rudder left, forward power
3 - rudder right, forward power
4 - rudder neutral, no power
5 - rudder neutral, reverse power
6 - rudder left, reverse power
7 - rudder right, reverse power

... meaning that to pilot your boat, you need to know where you are in the sequence, and how many presses are needed to get to anywhere else in the sequence - for instanced, you might be tootling along quite happily forward in a straight line, but to apply right rudder you'd have to press twice, and to straighten up again, 5 presses ... I can see why these didn't catch on for cars :blink:

That's all assuming that's an advanced model that lets you have that many steps.

Functionally, it's not much better than the single channel "RC" cars that either go forwards or reverse in a circle.

Age I would guess as 1960's.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

This looks interesting 11 years 1 month ago #19668

Just spotted this 1960's 22" long RC Jag - note the detailed dashboard & the TX with a steerwheel & simple switch for (I guess) forward/back control ... it's collection only (250+ mile round trip, I won't make a joke about Tamworth being a pig to get to ... oops, I already did ;) ) & starting price of 199.99 GBP is way over what I'd be prepared to bid anyway :(

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19981

I can honestly say i have bever seen one of them before, i never knew you could buy rc cars in the 60's :S

This looks interesting 11 years 3 weeks ago #19990

Goes back earlier than that - have a look for info on single-channel valve radio gear & escapement devices to expand the number of things you can do with just 1 channel

This looks interesting 11 years 2 weeks ago #20204

Last edit: by AndyAus.

This looks interesting 11 years 2 weeks ago #20205

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.