Keyword

TOPIC:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47421

Looking for advice re an ebay purchase, have i been fairly had over or should i complain?

The item was described as such:
"Tamiya vintage frog, this has been rebuilt and in a cabinet since, it is all original except for a rere body with correct vintage stickers, it even has a new front bumper stamped audi quattro.
The box and instructions are in good condition and comes with a few leftover bits from original build.
All original electrics with period correct acoms radio fully working
A very nice original model ideal for the shelf or that retro racer
Any questions please ask"

On arrival it turns out it has a re-re chassis and gearbox!! i wasnt expecting that :(
Should i open a paypal dispute under "not as described" or do i have to put it down to experience
Many thanks for any help
Alan.
The topic has been locked.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47422

All depends of the price you paid. Have you some picts?
Dogbones, stickers are différents. Other parts are the same. But you can ask to paypal for dispute.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47424

I moved these two post to a separate thread.

I understand your disappointment Alan and I would start with contacting the seller.
His description is pretty specific on vintage vs reissue so he may be surprised to learn what you know and be willing to negotiate?

First decide what your goal is. Some money back or return and "full" refund? (Shipping cost is in play here...)

If you can't work it out with seller, consider PayPal dispute, but be aware that you quickly end up with returning the item on your own cost and only being refunded the item price.

PayPal don't seem to care about vintage vs reissue, based on a couple of stories I've read. They might involve a third party to judge on the issue, but that is a lottery...

Good luck!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47425

All depends of the price you paid. Have you some picts?
Dogbones, stickers are différents. Other parts are the same. But you can ask to paypal for dispute.

Original dogbones if im not mistaken?
So the chassis and gearbox are identical on a re-re?
The only thing I can see that makes me ask about chassis is it would seem the screw holes for the servo’s are slightly out, or am I being too fussy?

I’ve pm you what I paid Flo :y:
Attachments:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47427

These dogbones are vintage Alan. You have the metal msc support and the msc. For me it is a vintage my friend

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47428

TBH I'm not 100% au fait with vintage vs. re-re Frog differences, the obvious ones for me are the MSC & pressed almunium bracket being replaced with two brow anodised rods, the "grey" FRP bumper reinforcer being replaced with black, the way the beige plastic frame ages to yellow/greenbrown, and the white gearbox bearing holders (none too bright to start with) fade to beige (re-re parts are al lot brighter) .

rctoymemories.c...vs-remake/ has a lot more comprehensive a list.

I looked on ebay, the listing is easy enough to find - I don't believe TB has a "no name & shame" policy, but at this point not pointing to the seller is the gentlemanly thing to do :y: :)

Without a detailed look I have to say that on the surface your car would seem to have decent provenance (box & inserts, MSC parts, old servos) ... I don't know how deep you want to dig, but to me there's nothing obviously wrong from here. :)

That "accel" decal is definitely re-release though ;)

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47433

Alan, look at my topic named Froggy mutant for an example of vintage frog.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47436

TBH I'm not 100% au fait with vintage vs. re-re Frog differences, the obvious ones for me are the MSC & pressed almunium bracket being replaced with two brow anodised rods, the "grey" FRP bumper reinforcer being replaced with black, the way the beige plastic frame ages to yellow/greenbrown, and the white gearbox bearing holders (none too bright to start with) fade to beige (re-re parts are al lot brighter) .

rctoymemories.c...vs-remake/ has a lot more comprehensive a list.

I looked on ebay, the listing is easy enough to find - I don't believe TB has a "no name & shame" policy, but at this point not pointing to the seller is the gentlemanly thing to do :y: :)

Without a detailed look I have to say that on the surface your car would seem to have decent provenance (box & inserts, MSC parts, old servos) ... I don't know how deep you want to dig, but to me there's nothing obviously wrong from here. :)

That "accel" decal is definitely re-release though ;)

That rctoymemories link is great Jonny, thats been saved for future reference :)
I dont think the seller has been dishonest, his description could be said to be ambiguous tho, a lesson learned, i shall ask questions next time!!
You will have seen what i paid for it then i assume jonny? and have not screamed "robbery" so with other comments/pm's i have decided that i have paid a reasonably fair price for it. I have no intention of selling it in my life time, so hopefully by the time my son gets it ill have lasted another 13yrs n then the re-re bits will be vintage, and he can sell it as vintage and be telling the truth :)

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47439

Alan, can you post body picts please, I think that the ex owner mixed old and rere decals. I think that there are budweiser decals on the side.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47440

Finally could transfer picts on my phone.
Here is before resto
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999
Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.