Keyword

TOPIC:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47441

Alan, can you post body picts please, I think that the ex owner mixed old and rere decals. I think that there are budweiser decals on the side.

The body was stated as re-re with vintage decals tho there is a mix of old and new, im not bothered about the body tho, i always intended to do a kamtec body to original colours and mciracing vintage decals

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47442

For me it's a real vintage. And seing the car, that's a nice restored frog. I bought a rere Tamiya frog body wich is exactly the same as the original. You paid it a neutral price. It is very nice and the blue is nicer than the red....... ( mine are boxart. pink)
Attachments:
Last edit: by stingray-63.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47443

Thats nice :y: how much of it is re-re, if you dont mind me asking Flo?
Ive already got the kamtec body and wing and also the decals are on their way, when i ordered the jonny retro inspired decals for the ART hopper, i also got a few more sets (frog and hornet decals n window masks, and a set of vintage sponsor) to get the free postage :)
So im going to do new l body like the box art, ya right tho the metalic blue is nice, if it finds its way onto a shelf not sure which body will be on it haha :s

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47445

Ahahh you are crazy. :y: I am unpatient to see your progression. If the result is the same as the hopper, that promit....
For the shelf, I'll take the boxart or a pure budweiser deco. But you need another body for it ;)

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47449

No mad hop ups or paint jobs on this one, want it looking as original as possible, just a full stip down and rebuild and this body painted to box art colours im affraid

The next ART project will be the Kyosho Double Dare im waiting on i think Flo
Attachments:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47451

Awesome. The frog is compact and heavy duty. I love this chassis.
The double dare is a realy nice truck. One of my dream car is the hi rider. I think that it is the same chassis.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47452

One of my dream car is the hi rider. I think that it is the same chassis.

Great minds think alike, ive already found out team blue groove do a hi rider body, all the other bits that i know are missing that i need are in USA or Canada, not cheap :cry: :cry: :cry:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 2 months ago #47453

You can put a hi rider 2 body but it hasn't open eyes. I have the hirider 2 but it is not so sexy the hirider 1.

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 1 month ago #47897

So since I have now acquired a cheap rolling brat chassis (58038) I thought I would make my so called “vintage frog” actually vintage
I stripped the frog down and discovered the following parts are defo re-re :
Chassis including braces, complete gbox including internals, both rear arms, so more than 50% of it re-re :(
The frog is now rebuilt with all original vintage parts and is looking good and original
Tho I’m sure someone out there will know that the gbox is not actually correct internally because the brat has direct drive and a frog has a differential, at a later date I will find an original frog gbox to make it 100% right
The bonus is I suppose I can now build a hybrid Brat :) :y:

Problem with eBay purchase 6 years 1 month ago #47911

I didn't know that the brat hadn't diff...
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.