I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51125

• larbut
  • larbut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner
Hi guys, and thank you for the input.

My first post was mayby a little vague so the dicussion here split in two:
A. Did the seller send me the wrong motor?
B. How many pink motors is there, and to which model do they belong to?

Question A:
There is no doubt the seller fooled me. The picture in the eBay listing (no. 263763287396) showed the kit motor for the re-re 49190 motor, which, like Flo says, looks like the Super Stock S motor. This is the motor I wanted...
What the seller sent me was the no-text pink motor which looks to be a event-only thing, supplied by Tamiya at some time.
The seller refused to admit that he sent me the "wrong" motor so I gave him neg feedback.

Question B:
There are three pink Tamiya motors:
1 The 53122 ACTO-POWER 2WD MOTOR released in 1992, before the original 58116 Dyna Storm.

2 The pink motor, part no 7434006, looking like a Super Stock S motor that came with the re-re 49190 kit in 2001.

3 The pink motor (part no. unknown) with no names on, looking very similar to the 53122 Acto-Power. Release date is not known to me, but mabye it was a limited event-offer in 2001 when the re-re Dyna Stom was released (to compensate for the weaker re-re motor?)?

The 58116 kit, released in 1992 did not have a motor in the kit, but indicated the 53122 Acto-Power as a suitable choice.

And finally, my Dyna Storm is the original 58116, only evident because of the missing ball bearings in the steering, and the one metal bearing in the diff.

And to conclude, I have now bought another 7434006 pink motor on ebay, lets hope it's the real one this time :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: updated with images and part no

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51126

On frenxh bay, is a dyna stoem rere for sale. It has the pink motor you wanted. So this one is the rere?

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51127

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51128

• larbut
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner
Yep, the motor is the re-re, which makes it likely that the Dyna Storm is as well.

On frenxh bay, is a dyna stoem rere for sale. It has the pink motor you wanted. So this one is the rere?

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51129

It is too expensive for me but interesting.
And I prefer the blaster :p
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51130

I happen to have a re-re Dyna Storm new-in-box sitting on my shelf at home. I can take a picture of the motor in the box if that would help.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51131

So! The first rere was sold with a copy of the pink original motor?

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51146

• larbut
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner
I'd be very surprised if the motor looks anything different than this;

I happen to have a re-re Dyna Storm new-in-box sitting on my shelf at home. I can take a picture of the motor in the box if that would help.

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51147

• larbut
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner
I'm not sure what you mean.. If you are talking about the re-re of the Dyna Storm (kit no. 49190) (there's only been one re-re) then we know it was sold with this motor:

The "copy" of the 53122 Acto-Power did not come in any kit, it was sold as an event only item in Japan as far as I can work out.

So! The first rere was sold with a copy of the pink original motor?

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

I've been had? 5 years 8 months ago #51150

The "copy" of the 53122 Acto-Power did not come in any kit, it was sold as an event only item in Japan as far as I can work out.

Keep it another 20/30 years and it might turn out to be rare/valuable ;)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.