Keyword

Poll: What are you charging? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

NiCd
5 15.6%
NiMH
13 40.6%
Lipo
14 43.8%
Other
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 32 ( Jack Willy Orz, cumminsdoc, Purple_rob, nivapilot, uncletom ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Re:What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42854

Sounds like you got a bad cell in your battery pack are all cells having the same Temperatur or are some warmer than others. Charge with 500mAh that should give all the cells a change to level up. But keep an eye on the process. Batteries can be a pain in the b.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42856

Now the battery stopped charging, after 55 mins and 2700 mAh it says "Full". But now both battery and charger are warm. The charger is slightly warmer than the battery, not too hot, I can easily hold the charger in my hands.
The battery cells seem equally warm all over the pack. No cold cells.
Thanks for your advice, Water. Next time I will charge my pack under 500mAh. Perhaps that will take a long time, right?

Attachments:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42859

Normally, a stick need to be quite between 2 charges. I bought 1 time a high capacity NIMH stick. And It died after the first charge. (with a delta peack automatic charger). Now, I prefer lower capacity.
2000mAh=> I bought 2 ones, largely cheaper, they work well and with our high tech charger, no charge matter.
And I don't run often.
High capacity sticks are more fragile.
If you want a good charge, maybe to save your 5000mAh, put it a very low charge. Like said Waterbok, 500mAh for charging during 10H. Some guys save aqs with a short cut and a shoot on a 1/1 car. I am not fan about short cuts.........
Look on youtube a lead battery in short cut. :pinch:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42860

About eleven hours, discharge before (in steps the last with 500MAh). Maybe this way the cells get a change to level out.
Looks like some cells are full others empty this way you cant charge decently and when in use it goes flat before all are empty.
I tried that shorting cells but that doesnt allways work. NiMh are worse than NiCd on that account. I mangaed to revive some packs but those maybe charge for 50-70%

Last edit: by waterbok.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42861

:) This video was made by a colleague in the TECHNOCENTRE RENAULT. I worked with this man. He works on the ZE cars.

This video was made for the formation to receive the electric vehicles work abilities.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42863

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
And then there were two wrenches. :pinch:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42865

I see. So my high quality 5000 mah stick may be defect. Alright, I will return it to the shop later. Tonight I will run my Hornet, then afterwards I will discharge the battery in my charger, and recharge it at 500 A for a *very long time*.

I've bought a *genuine* B6 v2, waiting for it to arrive so I can compare. If my little local shop tricks me with cheap chinese quality, I will become very angry at them.

Haha, nice video with the wrench there. Certainly it teaches about the plus and minus.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Re:What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42869

Buyed myself a new charger... Done messing around with the pc powered charger

:) This video was made by a colleague in the TECHNOCENTRE RENAULT. I worked with this man. He works on the ZE cars.

This video was made for the formation to receive the electric vehicles work abilities.

Mondays....
This is a cell of 2v 430A coupled to 11 more cells in order to get 24 volts
is there anyone who knows what happened to the pole?

Yes (and it was me :dry: the first fail after 35 / 40 electric boats)
the positive terminal of the charger to the negative and the negative entered the positive for tenths of a second
Fireworks !!
fortunately it ended well (I hope charger victron 24/60 is undamaged)
the gases of the batteries are extremely explosive
beware people!
the sound is really cool... is you hear it on youtube. IRL it sucks

Last edit: by poebe.

Re:What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42871

Lovely! Truly natures most beautiful works of art.

Re:What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 week ago #42873

Buyed myself a new charger... Done messing around with the pc powered charger

Mondays....
This is a cell of 2v 430A coupled to 11 more cells in order to get 24 volts
is there anyone who knows what happened to the pole?

Yes (and it was me :dry: the first fail after 35 / 40 electric boats)
the positive terminal of the charger to the negative and the negative entered the positive for tenths of a second
Fireworks !!
fortunately it ended well (I hope charger victron 24/60 is undamaged)
the gases of the batteries are extremely explosive
beware people!
the sound is really cool... is you hear it on youtube. IRL it sucks

Gases are hydrogen....
For your matter, that looks like a short cut.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.