Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42310

Hope this is right category to post in...

So, am getting back into building Tamiya RC kits and need to purchase a new set of radio equipment - we're talking receiver, transmitter and servos. My current project is a Mini Cooper on the M-05 chassis.

Which transmitters. receiver, servos should I be looking at - can't find a newbie guide anywhere.

20yrs ago I had the Acoms techniplus stuff, looks like Carson is the new version of that but to the eye (when looking online) it looks a bit cheap, is there a premium version of such things - the nice shiny stuff seems to be for flying and drones.

Or am I missing something!?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42311

I use a racer 2.4 ghz. It is not too expensive and enough efficient for EP cars.

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42312

a "racer 2.4 ghz"? Google isn't very helpful - what's the name of the manufacturer?

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42313

Attachments:

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42314

Moved into the "Technical" section. :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42315

Cheers Iarbut - I did wonder if I had got the the right place.
Any thoughts on the question?

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42317

When I actually started running some of my vintage Tamiyas I got myself a Spectrum DX3. I like pistol grip over sticks.
I don't know how Spectrum compares in price now, but it's been working fine for me since.

www.spektrumrc.com

We also have a review on here, made by Jonny Retro, on a cheap stick 2,4GHz.
tamiyabase.com/...combo.html
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42353

Can't beat FlySky these days, cheap sets, cheap receivers, and good range, what's not to like?
FS-i6 if you like stick control, can be upgraded to 10 channels with no problem, which takes care of any lights, sounds, winch control easily enough....
FSGT3B if you like wheel control, a programmable 3 channel controller that has been hacked to produce 8 channels, again what more could one need?
Both transmitters use the AFHDS or the FS-i6 uses AFHDS2 protocol and is switchable, and both run at 2,4ghz.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42354

Ended up opting for the Spektrum AVC system (DX4S), just sounds and looks ridiculously clever. Probably don't need AVC in a 1/10 mini cooper, but means I have it for future, or *when* I upgrade the internals of the mini! :woohoo:

Paint on order and then should be getting towards being ready to start the build :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Best modern radio equipment? 7 years 2 months ago #42371

I got a fs gt2b for £22 posted
What colour have you gone for
Neil

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.