Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ansmann pack, hold nominal voltage but no power 7 years 1 month ago #42818

it's a 7.2V 2.000 mAh deal, got it 'as new' with a junker, when charged, it brightens a lightbulb, so, voltage=fine, but said voltage plummets when trying to power a vehicle, even if the battery seems to hold a full charge of Ampere, it's capacity to quickly release them seems busted. Should I just use it under low Ampere demands? as in a toy rc?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ansmann pack, hold nominal voltage but no power 7 years 1 month ago #42821

it's a 7.2V 2.000 mAh deal, got it 'as new' with a junker, when charged, it brightens a lightbulb, so, voltage=fine, but said voltage plummets when trying to power a vehicle, even if the battery seems to hold a full charge of Ampere, it's capacity to quickly release them seems busted. Should I just use it under low Ampere demands? as in a toy rc?

TBH I've not been overly impressed with Ansmann batteries (or chargers, or motors, or line tape, come to think of it :whistle: ... although I didn have a "Mad Rat" 2WD buggy that despite being a very tedious build, did feel to be decent quality...) - but assuming you want to try & save it, then "cycle" it several times (i.e. charge then discharge to try to restore the capacity). You can do that manually (charge then drive several times), or modern 4-button chargers have the facility to do it automatically for a set number of times ... it's a bit tedious though, 2000mAH will mean a 1 hour charge at 1C, and a 2hr discharge at 1A maximum, 5 times means a 15hr cycle, which you really ought to supervise ...

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.