Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MIP Hotshot Ball Diff Talks - Data Collection 7 years 1 week ago #43111

Once I had a dream, a dream of acceleration in silence. A dream where you could mash the throttle and not fear that each time you did that, small bits of aluminum committed suicide. That dream took decades to come true but persistence paid off and now the Tamiya community has a ball diff in arguably the most popular and desirable RC in history.

Who wants to do that again?

Here is the plan. MIP and I are working on the feasibility of a ball diff for the Hotshot Family. These are the cars I am talking about:

58047: Hotshot

58054: Super Shot

58055: The Boomerang

58057: The Bigwig

58062: Hotshot II

58066: Super Sabre

58391: Hotshot

58418: The Boomerang

57330: The Bigwig

What I need help with (since all I know about these cars is all 4 wheels themselves) is to make sure I am not missing any cars here. I want to know what cars have identical diff setups. Cars like the FAV and Wild One that are similar do not count. I wish they did but this is not what we are looking for. The ORV diff was a good venture MIP. They did not sell in a giant batch like MIP hoped but they have been consistent seller since they were released. They have sold well enough that MIP would like to talk more about Tamiya products. The Hotshot was an early discussion point during the ORV design phase but the difference between the out-drives was too great. The goal is to use as much tooling as possible from the ORV build. Since the nylon diff gear, alu. spiders and the main bevels are the same (right?), this should be a case of different out-drives. I believe the dog bones are different from original to rere? What have I missed? As much as I would like to talk about a wish list, this thread is dedicated to the Hotshot. There is a thread in TC designs where we can talk about other ventures. That thread is how we got here today.

Your help is critical for us to succeed in making this become a reality. This thread is also going on every FB forum I can find and other RC Sites so I really trying to get all the info I can. Thank you in advance but please don’t get your hopes up just yet. I failed 5 times before the ORV diff happened.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MIP Hotshot Ball Diff Talks - Data Collection 7 years 2 days ago #43245

Moved to the Technical section.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.