Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43807

I just got this "center one way set" (53931) for my DF-03Ra chassi. It's supposed to make cornering easier by allowing front and rear wheels to spin at separate speed. Sort of a diff but acting between front and rear instead of left and right wheels.

Then, this one is called "center", there's also one called "Front One Way" (53953) for the DF-03 which is more like a modified diff, and it replaces the front diff. The "center one way" goes on the propeller shaft's rear joint, simpler contruction. What if I installed both Front and Center one ways?

Anyone got experience with this? Is it something I want in my rally car? After some googling I gather the behavior of car to be more like a 2WD, which makes me wonder if it's at all desirable. Any thoughts on this would be awesome.

The key function seems to be that "one way bearing".
PDF description

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43813

Sorry. I only have the front one way on the front of my ta02rs and on the cc01. That very efficient. On the front that helps for cornering and less transmission break.one is enough because they have the same function. Disconnect front and rear.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43814

Alright then. I will install it and have a go.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43817

Dude buddy! Better is to install it directly in the front diff. Cause you act directly on front wheeles.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43822

Maybe. I should get the front one way, but installing each for itself and look for the difference. That should be fun.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43824

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!! :y:

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43825

I think it's better to run the center one way instead of the front one way. That way you still have a working front diff when you bring power to the wheels. You can even still pick between ball or gear diff. That how it worked on Avant, Egress and TF evolution if I remember correctly.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by waterbok.

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43827

So there are optional gear diffs, front and rear, for the DF-03 chassi?

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43882

I've looked but haven't found any. Are there optional gear-diffs for DF-03? I don't suppose I could fit a gear-diff from let's say a TT-01 in there, right?

Center One Way 6 years 10 months ago #43884

I don't know Tom. The DF03 has balls diffs? I don't know this chassis.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.