Keyword

TOPIC:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 10 months ago #39123

Well would you look at that, A pistol grip control that can change to suit Lefties or Righties :y:

... Or "neithers" :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 10 months ago #39124

As predicted, the AW-27 can be flipped quite easily - just undo two screws:

I also opened up the grip part to check the polarity of the battery spring terminal - they are the same as the contacts on the holder. I've yet to try it on a reciever, but the battery voltage display works when the unit is turned on.

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 7 months ago #40383

I haven't seen this AR-211 receiver mentioned. What's the difference from the AR-201?

Attachments:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 7 months ago #40396

I haven't seen this AR-211 receiver mentioned. What's the difference from the AR-201?

Never seen one of those before :y:

Numbering would suggest it came after the AR-201, but it looks to have more in common with the earlier AR-227F model (same case, same board I think) ... is there a "CE" sticker on the back? That might help date it to before or after the AR-201 :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 7 months ago #40401

... is there a "CE" sticker on the back? That might help date it to before or after the AR-201 :)

I'll let you know when I get it!

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 5 months ago #41092

I received some information from "lurking member" Gumpie22B: :)

First the AP-227 Mk III BEC. Good info, but i can add some too. I have another box than the two examples shown in the topic. See included pictures.
Probably i have one of the latest MK III sets, because the manual mentions only the AR-227FE receiver that was used with later transmitters. A AR-227FE is included in my box.
On the front side is a big silver sticker that says “new BEC receiver included”. The long sides of the box contain the same sticker, but smaller.

Other info i can give is that the AP-27 MKV is also sold by T2M. There are two sets for sale in France. It looks like also the servo’s are rebranded:
www.leboncoin.f...tm?ca=12_s
www.leboncoin.f...tm?ca=12_s

Note: The price tag on the box is from a RC and toy shop, that was well known that time in Belgium.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 5 months ago #41093

:y: We often have special items rom T2M in France :silly:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 5 months ago #41095

Nice find - and it adds weight to the mk.III having a much longer production run than I initially thought - even if 10/88 on the price tag is not October 1988...

The line drawing of the BEC RX is intriguing - it can only be a AR-227F - which didn't have BEC :whistle:

ARA-227 - 3x 3 pin connectors for "clip" type plugs with early (or "wrong") pinout
ARB-227 - different case
ARC-227 - different cae, flying leads with "modern" pinout, no BEC
ARD-227 - flying leads + BEC (but never produced?)
ARE-227 - flying leads + BEC
AR-227F - different case, 3x 3pin connections, no BEC
AR-227FE - case same except for 1x 2pin connection + 2x 3 pin, BEC
(omitting rest)...

The language is also interesting, or at least ambiguous - does "NEW BEC RECEIVER INCLUDED" mean that the BEC technology was new (so this would be the 2nd mk.III box?), or, more likely, it means new_est_ ... All things considered I think this is a 3rd and previously unknown mk.III generation :y:

I wonder if anyone checked a proof of the box before production - where it says "This box contains ...", the "O" in "contains" has been partially covered over by the transmitter in an unfortunate manner ;)

Info on the mk.v is also interesting - one of the photos shows it's an AP26 mk.V - i.e. 26mhz :)

This reminds me - somewhere I have a photo of a mk.i or mk.ii box variant seen on eBay a while back ... same as the regular one, just 25% longer :silly:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 5 months ago #41096

You kind of always pick up the important details :laugh: :laugh: :y:

I wonder if anyone checked a proof of the box before production - where it says "This box contains ...", the "O" in "contains" has been partially covered over by the transmitter in an unfortunate manner ;)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 7 years 5 months ago #41103

Jonny, Here is a AP26 MK5 Stamped T2M

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.