Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41035

Hah, that's why I sacrificed the rockbuster body instead of the monster beetle body :)
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41036

I cleaned up the TBird dismantled and unglued the tires. Boiling water and white spirit were used :y:

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41050

Picked up a lunchbox body and flat white paint for my next project
Neil

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41064

Successfully refinished my beat up old lunchbox body that I had been needing to restore for some time now. AND successfully used easy off oven cleaner to remove the paint off my vintage monster beetle WIN!!! Now to find a replacement world engines rock buster body :(
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41074

:y: Glad for you with the oven cleaner

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41075

:y: Glad for you with the oven cleaner

Yes! I lost a rock buster body while trying another suggested cleaner :(

but here's the results of the oven cleaner and the finished body of my Lunchbox (just the painting that is)

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41076

:y: fine grit paper or grafitty remover. Short time application of the remover.

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41079

:y: fine grit paper or grafitty remover. Short time application of the remover.

Overseas that's a great option, but in the states that stuff isnt available. BUT I found the Easy Off stuff worked like a charm.... unfortunately that took me ruining the RB body to find out the 1st suggested spray would NOT work :( .

You guys are lucky, you have a few options which is a good thing, we dont have many............... luckily the easy off worked.

Last edit: by iluvmud.

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41080

:laugh: I killed several bodies. I had the chance that a riend has a new sand blasting cabinet. But if the oven cleaner works (you are lucky on this point ;) ) You can use caustic soda. ( JR advices) . That exists in liquid or cristals. For me, the liquid is more efficient. After, you have the ultimate solution: elbow oil with sand paper. 600 800 and 1000? ( I'm not a pro for that)

What did you do today? 7 years 5 months ago #41081

:laugh: I killed several bodies. I had the chance that a riend has a new sand blasting cabinet. But if the oven cleaner works (you are lucky on this point ;) ) You can use caustic soda. ( JR advices) . That exists in liquid or cristals. For me, the liquid is more efficient. After, you have the ultimate solution: elbow oil with sand paper. 600 800 and 1000? ( I'm not a pro for that)

Yeah I don't have the patience for sanding all the paint off, I almost didnt want to deal with the Lunchbox body as I spent nearly 2 hours wet sanding the whole body down to remove visible scratches in the paint... I'm proud of myself for sticking with that though. lol

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.