Keyword

Poll: How many RC runners is a realistic number? (was ended 2018-04-15 00:00:00)

5 45.5%
3 27.3%
No votes 0%
No votes 0%
No votes 0%
25+
3 27.3%
Total number of voters: 11 ( Hornet neil, Manotas, waterbok, larbut, uncletom ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

What do you think? 7 years 1 week ago #43198

You gotta start somewhere. Classic trend. :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What do you think? 7 years 1 week ago #43199

:) 1 gp big wheeles
1 onroad gp
1 offroad gp
1 onroad ep
1 offroad ep
1 ep big wheeles
6 is the good number
Or 8 if you count 1/5th 1 onroad and 1 marder beetle ;)

What do you think? 7 years 1 week ago #43201

Ten's actually pretty realistic too...

I would go for the X=1/10th of TR formula (TR=Tamiya releases, currently at approx 640) so that would allow for somewhere near 64 cars :whistle:
Or there is also the, do I need it, do I want it, can I stil hide it, which drawer will it fit, empirical rule formula calculus.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So that explains the number of cars I have :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What do you think? 7 years 6 days ago #43225

56 views and only 3 votes :ohmy: come on you members, have a vote ;)

What do you think? 7 years 6 days ago #43227

I missed this and just voted :laugh:

I put done 25+. B)
In the 80s or 90s this would have been a completely unreasonable number. But these days there are that many secondhand cars for sale and running gear is a lot cheaper that cost if your mix is both new and older 25 isn't as big an issue. Although that will depend on which old ones you want!

The biggest issue is space and time to run them all but getting that many cars over a couple of years isn't that hard. I've been back into collecting for about 7 years now and have just over 60 cars. Granted most don't run, but 80% wouldn't take a whole lot to get going. Still I can't see me getting too many more, at 60 cars, its going to take me a while to get to them all :blink:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What do you think? 7 years 6 days ago #43228

The biggest issue is space and time to run them all but getting that many cars over a couple of years isn't that hard. I've been back into collecting for about 7 years now and have just over 60 cars. Granted most don't run, but 80% wouldn't take a whole lot to get going. Still I can't see me getting too many more, at 60 cars, its going to take me a while to get to them all :blink:

Haha I know what you mean ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

What do you think? 7 years 6 days ago #43232

I voted 25+ - not because I have anything like that many runners, but because of the much lower cost of electronics (relative to the early 80s) + transmitters with multiple model memories means it's not unrealistic to potentially have dozens of cars ready to go.

More than 10 runner is probably excessivley obsessive though ;)

What do you think? 7 years 5 days ago #43241

Haha I know what you mean ;)

i would like to see the one left side under in detail :woohoo:

What do you think? 7 years 5 days ago #43242

I have to agree with Andyaus on this one, it really comes down to space and the big one....TIME......I have been away from this hobby for awhile off and on and am working hard to get my space set up the way I always wanted it, cars back on shelves and projects finished etc. , takes a bunch of that TIME stuff, you know. :unsure:
I also have other interests too, like a fascination with vintage slot cars, which some find odd given my love of R/C stuff too, in a strange video killed the radio star kind of way. :lol:
I always seem to work to having a box stock shelf queen one and if it has particular significance for me, a runner too. Ones I had or raced back in the day or really always wanted, I had the rough rider but always wanted a super champ. Also some of the really early stuff is just too fragile, the 934, 935, P34 and Cheetah come to mind, if something goes sideways and you crash it..... Oh, I just don't want to think about that :cry: :cry: .......... Kind of like years ago I got a beautiful new built Willy M38 and could not wait for better weather to try it out......Radio must have glitched or my brain did...and Willy launched himself down the basement stairs, in full wheelie!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: There was an incredible thud off the door at the bottom of the stairs and I almost could not look :ohmy: :ohmy: .........fortunately it was not as bad as I feared, a broken control arm, a cracked wheel and minor body damage ( I think Willy shat himself too, but he won't talk about it). This was the late 90's and you could still find guys with NIB parts so he is fine today but lesson learned folks. I never tried running one for the first time in an enclosed space again, you just don't know what could go wrong and when. And those old parts just don't grow on trees anymore...they come on trees but that is different :P
So I think 10 is pretty reasonable for running when time permits, I don't think I am there yet but I am working towards a number like that. I just need to stop buying more projects..... B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly. Reason: spelling

What do you think? 7 years 5 days ago #43244

:) I am like you. Too afraid by an accident with oldies or too nice bodies. That's why the majority of my cars don't run or are new build and stocked in their box or ones on others on shelves. ( no more enough place)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.