Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Restore a Manta Ray on a BUDGET 7 years 7 months ago #40281

Received those both today Who doesn't love a nice vintage joblot?

at the left Is the famous Top Farce, at the Right is a 100% Official Manta Ray, well, with black rims...

The Top farce came without the MSC, even when I knew it was supposed to come with, talked with the seller.
Oh yes, it came with no MSC, so I ordered a 6 UKP ESC...
The Manta Ray came with ACOMS servos, I have nothing ACOMS compatible, I want to know, witch would be cheaper? (on a Cheapskate Budget) Swap to futaba type plus tamiya horns?
Buy an ACOMS receiver. (and thrust it uses the right connectors) My ACOMS servo has a connector too thick to fit on a futaba RX
I suppose radio waves are radio waves and brand is out the question 27Mhz AM would work with 27Mhz AM

Came to RC tired of caged Design...

P.S. this was going to appear on Restoration SF, it's the second time this happens.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Restore a Manta Ray on a BUDGET 7 years 7 months ago #40282

Hey Man!
Your Manta rays look pretty. (The white top farce :y: isn't chocking. I like it) If you have a futaba servo, put it in the place of of the acoms. Your acoms is a vintage ad the old servos have thick connectors. ( Sanwa too). You can buy a complet 2,4 ghz for very cheap.
I don't think that your resto will be too expensive.
Maybe a plastic rear sprue set (to replace the aloy one)
Some tires and a white paint spray for the rims.

Restore a Manta Ray on a BUDGET 7 years 7 months ago #40283

PS: On the left MR, the rear springs are front ones :lol:

Restore a Manta Ray on a BUDGET 7 years 7 months ago #40325

Had fun Yesterday, did found that if I open an rx from it's plastic box, I can plug ACOMS servos, the bad, on the Manta the steering servo has a cracked connector, so, even cautiously wiring it it just works until you hit a bump, but learnt that black wire points towards outside while white signal wire goes towards the centre of the RX board, ordered some wires for Futaba Servos and when they arrive I'll build some Frankenservos. Oh yes the Top Farce at least has a Futaba Servo.

Restore a Manta Ray on a BUDGET 7 years 7 months ago #40326

Only vintage sanwa servos has external red (+) wire. All other are signal, +, - . old sanwa have signal, - , + . sanwa has "normal wiring" since blue dash saber receiver. ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.