Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I miss the 80's 7 years 3 months ago #41960

I'm a 38 year old from California, and have so many happy memories of Tamiya from when I was a kid. I was a pretty bunk driver, but my big brother used to go to a track in Richmond, and race his Tamiya Fox against all the RC10's, and win. I still remember one of the drivers yelling "BOOOO TAMIYA!" as my bro lapped another RC10. Classic!

I had a Wild One, Falcon, and Vanquish in the 80's, but fell out of RC for most of the 90's. Got back in around 2007 and had fun with lots of new stuff, mostly Team Associated. Recently life has been pretty rough, and I've been yearning to feel some of what I felt as a kid. I picked up a Kyosho Optima rere, which kick started my current obsession. As soon as that was built I moved onto a Fighting Buggy rere, and have a Hot Shot, Wild One, Porsche 934 40th Anniversary and an RC10 classic on deck. Dreaming of a Bruiser.

RC is the only interest that I've kept alive since I was a kid, and same for my big brother, so we get to share the joys. It's a common thread from childhood 'till now. I'm excited to have found this forum, it has a really good vibe, which can be hard to find on the Internet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I miss the 80's 7 years 3 months ago #41963

Great introduction (and a mostly familiar story to many I think), welcome on board. :)

I miss the 80's 7 years 3 months ago #41964

Welcome to TamiyaBase, and thank you for your story!
I hope to see more of your cars and driving :y: :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

I miss the 80's 7 years 3 months ago #41966

:) welcome on board tamiya friend. You are right when you say that this forum has a good vibe. I hope that you could post some picts of your rcs.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.