Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 7 months ago #40329

So, I'm about to get this car again, had it previously, stealed by a huge bottom feeder, got it for a pittance, (160€ when my previous one was valued at 400€) the price for that?

Is fixable but less than stellar, tires are really worn out, but on another trade got 4 tires on rims that are too big for an 1/10 frame, those are made by Kyosho it's Reference? size? is 76/36/60 would those tires fit on the ferrari wheels? (given that kyosho only did very few 1/? cars, those tires can just belong to an skyline or a Porsche. But tire imprint looks like a Yokohama tire.

Body is the another mess, it looks like someone pretended to strip it's paint, but got tired and only the roof is de-painted at all. But for that I'll need to see it myself, if it's too unrecoverable I'l need to get plastic parts out of old body and fix them to the spare body that I also got... Then comes the doubt of which color, I paint it, reglamentary red, another color or a competition version, liking the white totip or the blue 'pilot' versions...

Uploaded picture shows the actual tires I got 4 of them, on same size.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: inserted picture

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 7 months ago #40336

now it's on my mitts! Chassis is gorgeous, tires actually are new and everything works as designed, on the deal got alsoa Working sanwa Turbo Machine Transmitter (Age accurate) and a "kyosho" fast charger for car Battery but just for 1.200 mAh nicd's (Those were the days).

For a measly 160eur isn't THAT bad a deal...

Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: inserted images

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 7 months ago #40359

After switching battery plug (someone put a reverse one) tried it, drat, the Transmitter antenna wriggles around and car is undrivable quick stop on boxes to weld the metal piece antenna screws on, it was 100% loose! Never seen that before. now it runs fine, minus front axle, were tires lose ground contact all the time... it should be that shock absorbers are bone dry, I suppose...

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 7 months ago #40380

yes, bone dry they were, after a quick refill they actually work, even too much, luckily they marked "their territory" until they seem to work fine, after a two minutes run session I lost one King Pin, badly fixed it by putting a same metric screw, then I seen 3 kingpins are actually screws... :-( luckily they are not too expensive to replace them with OEM parts and perhaps some Threadlock to avoid further escapes.

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40516

Update, just managed to assemble a power switch (from my parts cove) Now I can power off the receiver (even if motor still receives juice what can happen? An undead car running rampant?)

Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40522

now the MSC locks on me, the internal brush protrudes too much and can't go in the tracks, so either I fix that or replace it with a ESC (Oh yes effing great, sanwa RX lacks BEC, so either I replace it too or go 60's and put a 6v battery box... (nope)

Re:Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40523

Ehm al modern rx lack bec that's why it's so easy to get a new ESC. Duh

Re:Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40525

Ehm al modern rx lack bec that's why it's so easy to get a new ESC. Duh

Confused. :S

I understand It's my Sanwa RX that's old as heck that also lacks BEC. And That BEC is a thing every modern RX worth its salt has.

My ESC has the Battery connector and a triple wire that goes on Channel 2, so It's made with BEC in mind.

Re:Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40529

Nope other way around, almost all modern 2.4 rx are without bec. That for one reason is why they are so small.

Most modern ESC have a BEC some even going as high as 2-5 A. Power comes from the three pin ESC connector that goes to the rx.

The old tamiya ESC are without bec so here you have to be careful, think the first TEU with bec is the 105

Re:Restore a Mid-Custom based F40 7 years 6 months ago #40533

I don't want to put 2.4 GHZ in a Mid Custom, never had Never would.

So I swapped Sanwa Receiver for a Kyosho one with BEC, oh, yes, then it works, But found I have to swap two wires from servo cable to use the original sanwa for steer, o, also deduced how to disassemble electric contacts from the plastic Easy Peasy!

But from all of this, I have a doubt, it is true that a MSC just takes power for the Motor burning it as heat, and going easy isn't going to give you any extra autonomy? (Ex. on my Mid I have a Le Mans 240 motor, 240 means that it can run 240 seconds, or 4 minutes from a 1.200 NiCd, so, from a 2000 I can run 7 minutes) Then I can run 7 minutes fast or slow but just 7 minutes? :blink: Does this happen with ESC also? Do ESC's have regenerative Braking to reload a bit the Battery?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.