Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

oil in gearcase fb questions 7 years 5 months ago #40966

Im looking into making the gear cases lighter on my fighting buggy rerelease. I love this car and the locked diff with the floating rear suspension is a great match. They really work well together.

I am wondering if the is supposed to be some seals installed on the gear case so it can use oil instead of grease? I drive the car alot and im wondering if i should lighten the gear cases OR install some fluid or lots and lots of grease.....?

because if i ONLY just follow the manual it says to lightly grease the gears. if this is the best thing to do - then i see ways to drop the gearcase weight by 20- 30%

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sublunacy.

oil in gearcase fb questions 7 years 5 months ago #40967

Have a look a bit down the page here:

rsb.se/arena/sh...ider-Racer

It's in Swedish, but there are some pics of a cut box SRB.

Last edit: by TommieG.

oil in gearcase fb questions 7 years 5 months ago #40977

thank you that was fantastic. that was indeed usefull. thanks again.

---
i have a question about the rear tires being so soft on impacts. is there any tamiya tires that will hold more weight? are the sand tires flat feeling aswell? what about the brat or rough riders?
The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG

oil in gearcase fb questions 7 years 5 months ago #40978

my one piece aluminum wheels arrived just in time.
these box art wheels are ver light! super

---
should i disassemble the plastic wheels or just get new tires? are the scorcher paddle tires any stiffer or are they just as soft as the stock knobbies? i find the stock knobbies to be to soft on impacts.

Last edit: by sublunacy.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.