Keyword

TOPIC:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40958

:y: Sunshine surprise looks more service vehicle color. :huh: :unsure: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm thinking CAT service :laugh:

;) I though more like that
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40961

Our roadside service cars are yellow with blue writing ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40962

I have also seen a nice example of simple black decalling :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40963

:y: Yeahhhh Twins are beautifull. I didn't think that a mustard yellow could be so nice (on the civilian hilux) :)
I like the HILUX :y:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40965

Nothing too exciting tonight :) Cleaned up the insert for the switch cutout and glued it in, then made a start on the body mount repair :)

Attachments:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 5 months ago #40985

Unfortunately none of my new chassis accessories arrived, so no more progress there :unsure: I did however get more done on the body :) Luckily for me there was a new grill to replace the one fitted as it was pretty badly damaged + a new mount rail :pinch: I've also filled the random holes in the tub & sanded before a second fill :y: The last thing for tonight was to clean up the poor glue work on the tub accessories and test mount them with screws ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 5 months ago #41063

Love the double-cabbed Hilux body, are you going to have a bash at doing one of those?
I'll warn you now, grabbing a few mm out of the height of the Hilux high-lift is more work than it first looks.
It involves losing the axle/spring spacer blocks, which then messes up steering linkage clearance. Then, you need shorter body mounts to grab a few mm between body & chassis, then the body will hit the top of the gearbox...
It will look better, & then you'll notice how close the gearbox underguard is to the floor & realise why it reached the shops so ridiculously tall!
Believe me, the easiest/only way to make these look better is to put 2.2s on them.
I did post a pic of my lowered high-lift (Originally in my gallery), have a look at that before you commit to hacking it about - it looks sort of better, but not right.

I'm sorry but I like the Bruiser/mounty in black!

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 5 months ago #41067

Hey eddrick long time, Welcome back :) Yes Originally this had 2.2's on it and It looked good :y: It's just that I want the chassis to be reasonably stock, So I only plan on running the alloy body mounts on the Lathe to manage the body drop :) As I wont have an interior I think I should only have to remove the central interior mount to get it done :huh: But I haven't had a good look yet :whistle:

I like how yours looks, Do you have any more pic's of it? Cheers Andy.

Attachments:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 5 months ago #41078

I'll put money on it being a fleeting visit, I just don't seem to be able to find time for projecty stuff nowadays (Got a half-built traction engine that's been sitting in the kitchen for about 2 years!).

I'm between cameras at the mo, but I'll get you some better pics once I'm sorted.
From memory, it wasn't the interior that was causing the problem, it was the base of the windscreen hitting the top of the gearbox that stopped me dropping the body further, which was why I ended up messing about with the suspension as well. A proper side-on view would better show how (Too) low the gearbox underguard is to the floor.

I suspect the mismatch of wrong screws yours has would've been down to the huge number of "Spare" bits the kit comes with - I got the impression that Tamiya tried to speed up getting the Hilux in the shops by taking the F350 kit & just adding the extras needed to convert it into the Hilux version - I'm telling you, the kit box is still 3/4 full after you've built it! (Padding it out so they can charge extra?)
I wasn't impressed that they left all those "Spare" holes in the sills of the body, with only stickers to hide them.

Anyway, I care less about it nowadays - got a 1:1 V8 Hilux to play with now! It's awesome, even if the fuel consumption will give you a nervous breakdown (14mpg...)

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 5 months ago #41101

Some shiny bits arrived today ;) out of these parts the mount for the skid plate is the only one I can fit until some other parts arrive :P

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.