Keyword

TOPIC:

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41947

So just pretty much completed the build, not painted etc as of yet, anyway was an original lunchbox kit from time tunnel models, with the motor that came with it, bought the carson reflex stick pro3 to go with it and a fast charger, only thing i upgraded were the bearings when i was there.
however when everything turned on in order the front wheels turn from side to side but thats it, no front reverse?
the led flashes red and have tried turning it all on while holding the set button and releasing on different colors to try and set it up with no avail?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41950

You have to set the ESC to work with a brushed motor, Tamiya find it somehow funny to sell it with a brushed motor but set to brushless as default.

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41952

Maybe this can help`?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Last edit: by larbut.

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41953

i have had this esc in a few kits now really not keen on them the set up can be fiddly on them. they are fine once set up but they are not very newbie friendly at all.

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41961

I had the same problem with my midnight pumpkin phoned my LMS
They wanted £10 and left overnight to set up ,He asked what ESC I had ant told my which wire to fit to motor and orange wire not connected (the manual says otherwise) started to try it again and after a couple of tries got it to work
Neil

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41979

Got mine to work but no brake will have another go if I can't get it to work
Will swap for a Chinese one
Neil

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41986

No brake or no reverse?, the tble-02 has no additional brake settings if using a brushed motor.
If you manage to set it up correctly it works fine. Can be a bit tricky but I got 4 of them with a brushed motor and they all work fine.
Good alternativ would be the quicrun 1060 got a handful of those too waterproof can handle hotter motor and cheap.

If you switch your ESC on it should flash (and beep) green just once for brushed with reverse. Depending on the low voltage setting it will be a short or longer flash/beep.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41987

Got forward and reverse will check the led and bleeps when I get home

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41989

Got forward and reverse will check the led and bleeps when I get home

Just. Checked it switched
receiver on green led no flash no bleep but then I am a bit deaf
Neil

Jut Built New Lunchbox and wont go lol? 7 years 3 months ago #41990

Thanks for all the help so fare guys much appreciated, been away for a days and back now so will have a look at that video and have another go tonight to see if can get it working lol.

when its turned on just now the small led flashes fast constantly red with no beeping

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.