Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holiday Buggy for racing with my son 7 years 1 month ago #42397

Yes I know its a modern but always liked this buggy in my youth so when a good deal came up and I won some money on the Euro 2016 sweep (Thanks Ronaldo for the first time ever) I couldnt resist.

I have a few vintage cars and my son has taken a liking to them so after I built him a Rising Fighter (to protect my ageing Rough Rider) I thought a Re Re is the answer to have some fun together with them.

Not one for wanting to do everything by the book I wanted to make a few additions just for the badword of it. So the car is built as per the manual and with box art with the following exceptions: 1) fully ballraced (cant see why anyone would stick with the plastic bushes given the price of these from China), 2) Metal oil filled shocks (really happy with these although I think I need to uprate the rear spring, again what is the point of the supplied bits of plastic), 3) Sports tuned 540 (I did have an old vintage super champ MSC which I intended to use but it couldnt cope with the motor upgrade so I ripped the 104 ESC out of my Rough Rider for now),

The bits I mostly went over the top with though was some working LED's headlights and as I noticed there was a lot of room under the body and I had a micro servo from an old cheapo helicopter I thought why not bring "JR" to life? so I did.

Was a blast building it and goes like hot snot, next thing I think is a bumper that actually works (maybe my old Rough Rider one as I just got a small ally one for that)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Holiday Buggy for racing with my son 7 years 1 month ago #42399

:y: YEAHHHH!!!! I love the lights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.656 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.