Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44489

• BCM06
  • BCM06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hey all, just wondering what you all use for pitbox/ storage / repair bays.
I use the $22 22inch husky deep box from home depot. Works great for all my needs and has room for a few sets of rims along the bay sidewall. Fits a 1:10 and my losi Mini-T.

Show yours off !

Always interested to see people's setups. If you don't have a pitbox feel free to post some of your workshops. I bet some are amazing!
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44503

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
No nothing? None of you take your cars out to tracks or anything... shelf queens all of them? No one has an awesome workspace or mancave for rc? ....

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44504

I don't have a pit box, as I dont run my models anymore (preservation and not time for it), but I do have a hobby room :-)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: BCM06

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44506

The following user(s) Liked this: BCM06

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44510

Haven't got a lot to show off ... toolbox is a cheap (relatively), smallish Halfords 7 drawer roller cabinet with a smaller chest that should go on top but TBH I'm worried about the weight on the floor :whistle:, it's untidy & has at least as much space devoted to materials (metals, tapes & glues, paints) as to actual tools ... it's completely immobile & I have to guess at what tools will be needed & decant them into an open topped trug ... when they do travel, cars/transmitters go in cheap folding crates.

My "workshop" is pretty much an A3 size cutting mat under the keyboard on my computer desk - theoretically I should use the "bench" (a pine desk with an A1 mat on it) much more, but iot's half covered with stuff ATM & I like to have some space (other than the cooker top in the kitchen) to take photos. The other part of my "workshop" is a long cane hanging up in the shed so I can hang bits to dry under coiver, once I'm done spraying them outdoors. I have a blasting cabinet, but it's literally the smallest it could be and still have room for two hands & the blasting gun. I guess you could say it's "permanently sited" as it sits on top of a nastychest of drawers & i haven't been forced to move it yet ...

My "mancave" has all my books, RC, parts/materials & tools in it, it's about 7x10 feet & is extremely crowded in there, I'm due another cull of stuff/RCs as it's got a bit silly in there recently - the picture is several years old & gives a bit of a false impression, a lot of crap was moved out of shot & I'd guess at least 1/3rd of the RCs shown have gone since then.

I'm not bitching - I would say I'm reasonably well equipped, I know some of the regulars here are working with a lot less. I think the only one here with a "proper" workshop is Andy - and that's because he built it himself, sacrificing half his garden to do so - and had a good excuse (motorcycles) to do so ;)

Attachments:

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44512

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Wow guys this is what I'm talking about and holy cow Flo! Your collection is huuuuge. Very nice workspaces. My work bench is my hobby mat on top of the dryer in a hallway lol.

Re:Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44513

My petit pitbox, all I needed sofar. Around the bigger container is some alloy tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44514

Wow guys this is what I'm talking about and holy cow Flo! Your collection is huuuuge. Very nice workspaces. My work bench is my hobby mat on top of the dryer in a hallway lol.

Thanks a lot
That's my bedroom at my parents home.
My pitbox is where I can work. ;)

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44521

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Pitbox? Show off your rig! 6 years 9 months ago #44526

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Oh man, for a second there i thought you were building that to have a dedicated indoor track slash rc room! Wow nice bikes too!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.