Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40475

Early this month I got a Top Force on a hybrid Top-Manta Chassis and a Manta Ray... So well, yesterday was a slow day for me to sleep, I decided to make a Manta Ray out of both cars, so here it is.

I made it trying to both keep it original while using the best components I had.

Motor Kyosho Lemans 240S and ESC, while keeping MSC resistor for aesthetics (MSC is cracked and 3rd gear doesn't work).
Tranny parts from top force, like the center and rear axle (Universal joints on wheels), Fully Ball Raced.

Suspension set for maximum ground clearance. The Shocks are the four best I got, correct rear springs.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40477

:) Nice resto. But the option house kyosho decals... lol
Can you post some detailed picts? It looks nice

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40478

Presto, oh didnt Option House stickers came bundled on new Kyosho motors? Nah, really I was practicing my way to rip whole a sticker out of a car and restick it (For the F40 resto)
Attachments:

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40479

:P The option house is the equivalent of hop up option tamiya and a very old mark.
Your MR is very nice. I like the "fake" sugar resistor. The rear springs are still front ones. ;)
Have you got the project to put a frp chassis? Or put on it several options?

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40483

nope, on the back there are bd5 springs and bd4 in front, got instructions and checked them.

Project to further upgrade it? Nah, besides to put a bigger oomph battery I have 2.000 MAh one, it's sad to see it go down in 5 minutes... had a 3.600 one that grew tired before it gone flat, and heard of 5A batteries... I Wonder, how much Amperage is reasonable to buy? I don't want to buy fake batteries promising 9.000 mAh that later are just like 900...

Re:The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40487

Get a decent quality 2400-3000mAh instead of a nice priced 5000+. Most cheap NiMh or LiPo will die on you in a year (or two)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40489

I am using 2 2000nimh. Due to my high pilotage level :lol: :lol: :lol: . 2000mah are largely enough :blush: 1/2 5500mah lipo and I explose a traxxas bl slash motor :cry:

Re:The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40493

isn't that original now, found that on front axle equips a ball differential, I suppose this is what causes that slight understeer...

Re:The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40494

The top force is equipped with 2 ball diffs and a one way on the front.

The Top Farce is dead, long live the Manta Ray! 7 years 6 months ago #40498

The Top Force has two manta ray style ball diffs, only the Top Force Evolution has the front one way/ torque splitter fitted , with two lightweight alloy ball diffs.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.