Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42007

Hi guys so am new here and got another lunchbox to take me back to the 80s, anyway JUST OUT OF INTEREST are there many options for this lunchbox for upgrading the motor/engine and anything else for more speed or torque etc, yes i very much consider myself a novice again and am starting from scratch with little to no knowledge and experience, but would be something i want to look into at some point and just wondered what thoughts were on doing this and what parts can be used and trusted etc etc.
Grant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42008

or even better performace/time used etc from better batteries?
i bought with the kit
Carson x-pack 7.2v 2100
and assume this is basically the bear essential type of thing and could be and have better? but what? eventually will get a few so can go out for a proper play at some point lol

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42010

does it have to 7.2v for example or specifically for a 1/12th scale and so on or better makes? etc etc

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42011

People usually go for a Sport-Tuned but I like the Tamiya CR-Tuned a lot. Should also be a nice match for a lunchy.
Voltage-wise you're mostly bound by the space to fit batteries. Besides that, the ESC and motor should be able to handle the higher voltage.
Otherwise you're not really limited to 7.2V.

Re:lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42013

Ok you could go brushless. Thats more speed, torque and runtime for a load more money. I myself am very happy with my LB with a waterproof quicrun 1060 ESC and a torque tuned or sport tuned brushed motor. What makes sense on the LB chassis is some tuning upfront (CRP arms) and oil shocks. Makes a bit more stable cornering.

Last edit: by waterbok.

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42017

does anyone know what motor it was that i would have got with the lunchbox? theres no writing on it or anything just plane metal? just so i know and didint end up buying the same motor or something silly!lol

Re:lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42018

Child, I ran a lunchy with bearings, yellow cva shocks and a M&Y motor and 1700 mah nicd aqs. Wheelings were amazing. Today, I run with a stricktly out of box vintage lunchy. I replace today plastic bearings by ball bearings and the old and hard to turn johnson by a new mabushi silvercan ( from waterbok ;) ) and 2 2000mah nimh aqs. I have the same happiness as when I was a child. And now I have more than 10minutes of running times per aqs.

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42029

got recommended this motor what do yous think?

www.tamiyausa.c...-540-53068

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42030

Personally I think a torquier motor is a neater match (Torque-Tuned, CR-Tuned) but a Sport-Tuned should do fine...
Standard motor is often referred to as a silvercan by the way, like stingray mentioned.

Last edit: by Edou.

lunchbox replacement engine? 7 years 3 months ago #42031

Not as if I own a Lunchbox. :whistle:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.