Keyword

TOPIC:

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 11 years 7 months ago #13074

Hey all, well this is my first post to this forum and by the looks of it there are some very talented people as members. I have been into and using rc cars for some 25 years and the Tamiya Striker was the one my Father in 88' gave me to start off. There have been a few over the years and then moving countries 12 years ago ment there was a gap in ownership. Now that i'm all settled (married / house / workshop and good job) I have been building the collection back up, this first run Striker I picked up from the UK, its complete with all original ware, as per usual the nylon bushes are toast so I've got complete ball set for it, also an original Tamiya decal sheet. The plan is to strip clean paint (in box art style apart from the wheels which will be silver)then but it all back together fresh and new (sound simple enough)and after seeing some great efforts put into realistic drivers, i'm going to pay special attention, Anyway heres some pics of how it was when I got it, then stripped..

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 7 months ago #13075

And some of it stripped :)

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 7 months ago #13077

Welcome on board :) :y:

I have a thing for the Striker myself ... I just don't have the excuse of it being my first car ;)

Mine is in bits while I think about whether it's worth sacrificing the decals to make a better job of the orange peel paint :S

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 7 months ago #13081

Thanks, I did see your Striker as I was looking around the site, Yeah the Original decals from GB cost me $50AU delivered

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 7 months ago #13091

Welcome, Striker fan myself here too :) Keep up the good work :y:
Will be following this one.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13101

Welcome on board. I think the Striker is a great car as well. :)

A tip - if you also click on the "Insert" button after "Add file", your pics will appear large size. :y:

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13106

Thanks Bram :) and great tip Edou cheers :lol:

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13132

Hi Andy,

Nice car ! Unfortunately i've never owned a Striker...my first one was a Monster Beetle back in the late 80's starting 90's !SO i think i feel for Monster Beetles what you're feeling for Strikers :P :P

Keeep uo the good work on you're Striker.
Cheers
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13133

Hey Manotas, my second Rc was a Blackfoot (which will be my next rebuild, I have picked up an original from the US) so very close to the Beetle as you know. Will love to have a Beetle in the collection too!

Re: My first run Striker rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13134

Ok so tonight I continued with the cleaning of the body and chassis,stripped all the old decals off and they got a deep clean along with the wheels, wing, trailing arms and bumper :lol: while they were cleaning I set to the gearbox! something that stood out was whoever built it last left the 8mm bushing out of the main spur gear? luckily no damage. I removed all the old grease :sick: then parts washed everything including the wing mounts, rear guard, rear shocks and a few others bits and bobs. Since thats all I had planned to do tonight but still had some time I rebuilt the Gearbox, new grease brushed onto the gears, all new metal bearings :lol: then strapped it all back together ;) anyway heres some pics of things so far, cheers Andy.....

ps: Nice tan lines eh? :woohoo:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.