Keyword

TOPIC:

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 6 years 11 months ago #43010

:) Thank you. I miss the pilot name, budweiser logos and the mint 400. The sponsors are SS repro ones.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 6 years 11 months ago #43343

B) now, it looks like a pure vintage.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Last edit: by stingray-63.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 6 years 11 months ago #43344

:blink: I found a difference between original and rere body set. The color
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 6 years 3 weeks ago #48533

I am waiting new rear shoes for my SRBs
Attachments:

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50188

Seeing several forum ranger picts, I saw that the real ranger haden't the rol lights bar. Is it thrue? Or late versions had it?

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50189

Seeing several forum ranger picts, I saw that the real ranger haden't the rol lights bar. Is it thrue? Or late versions had it?

I don't believe the Ranger ever had the rollbar, I think any "Ranger" that has one actually has a Blackfoot body.

I doubt there was any overlap in production after Tamiya changed the mould(s) to turn the Ranger into the Blackfoot: Ranger production supposedly ended in 1984 & the Blackfoot has an official release date in October 1986.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50190

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I’m with Jonny on this.
The SRB Ranger has the flat rear bed at the back and never came with a roll bar.
The Blackfoot has the roll bar and extra mouldings on the rear bed to attach it.

I did wonder if you could fix the roll to a Ranger shell ( or more likely a Blackfoot shell that’s been cleaned up ). I don’t know if the spot lights will then be too low behind the cab ?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50191

I’m with Jonny on this.
The SRB Ranger has the flat rear bed at the back and never came with a roll bar.
The Blackfoot has the roll bar and extra mouldings on the rear bed to attach it.

I did wonder if you could fix the roll to a Ranger shell ( or more likely a Blackfoot shell that’s been cleaned up ). I don’t know if the spot lights will then be too low behind the cab ?

There's that, plus I can think of another couple of issues - on the Blackfoot the front rollbar mounts are raised up, the rears are just holes through the flat bed, in addition the threads on the front of the rollbar don't go all the way up, I'm not sure they could be fastened down properly.

"Simple" (but fiddly to make) spacers/collars would fix it, off the top of my head 4mm high, 3mm ID, 6mm OD?

TBH i'm not sure why you'd want to make a Ranger look like a Blackfoot, when the usual thing is to try and make Blackfoot parts look like original Ranger ;)

ps just noticed the front of the Blackfoot manual says "FORD F150 RANGER" in fairly big letters under the "BLACKFOOT" name - but it still says "CUSTOM" on the side of the truck :whistle:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50192

:woohoo: thanks a lot guys. I am now lighted.
I am lucky to have a bf body with all letterings. And I would like to make a ranger xlt because of my srb chassis. I still have work to do a flat bed ;).

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 5 years 10 months ago #50193

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
And another thing ....

On the under side of the Blackfoot body the plastic body supports are missing that you would need to sit on the Ford Ranger ( SRB ) metal roof bar, so you would need to add these. Which is easy enough.

Just follow Jonny's " Fake Ranger " as a guide.

Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.