Keyword

TOPIC:

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #40943

first things first, in November I'm going after a transmitter for it, found the 2.4 ghz band 6 channel Turnigy TGY-6 pretty cheap, but any good? it gots Transmitter and Receiver, no servos atm, but could be 30€ to get it, so i'll go that way. then I suppose I can try to make the gearbox grill. or dunno, put the transverse gearbox channel in a 3 pos. switch.

www.hobbyking.c...de_2_.html

Sorry pics of the actual kit assembly would be here in December.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41123

Ordered a vintage assembled Mountaineer, so it would be a Mountaineer a handsome black model, already fit for 7.2v batteries and not the ludicrous 6 V one, I loss the joy of assembly, but it was cheaper. (Not by much, 470€ vs 600€ of a rere bruiser)

es.wallapop.com...e-49365319

here are some pics.

General idea, make and install an oil smoker (a reservoir filled from the gas tank cap with a candle wick to transfer oil by capillarity to a chamber from a heng long sherman Tank, smoke would be pushed down the exhaust by a direct drive motor (to reduce cog noise) also would put a sound system from the Orlandoo F150, everything connected to a 2.4 Ghz 6 Ch receiver, so when I push a switch on the transmitter 3 things happen.

1.- Sound system starts playing the engine startup sound, then idle.
2.- Smoker starts working.
3.- A Relay electrically connects the motor.

Also I plan to put there a lights kit, transmitter controllable (with a full channel to spare...)

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41134

:( pictures please!

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41135

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41137

Cool looking Mountaneer with those black bumpers :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41138

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: AWESOME!!! Don't touch to the body Dash :y:

Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41140

:kiss:

Don't touch to the body Dash :y:

bu but I want to do it like the Pizza Planet van... :huh: Nah Just Kidding.

EDIT, just found the Mounty had a rere in 2012 How I can know which one this is?

Re:Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41142

On the rere body you have more functional inserts for the lights. Side lights, rear and front l&r are all ready for LED. If you plan on actually running it better get a rere too. You run the risk of breaking parts on the vintage one like the pot alloy axles which get brittle over time, so be gentle.

Re:Toyota Bruiser 7 years 5 months ago #41154

On the rere body you have more functional inserts for the lights. Side lights, rear and front l&r are all ready for LED. If you plan on actually running it better get a rere too. You run the risk of breaking parts on the vintage one like the pot alloy axles which get brittle over time, so be gentle.

I'm not Lorenzo de Medici :S . Not buying another one, I'll be gentle and buy re-re parts when required. :whistle:

But I perhaps buy the ReRe light buckets so I won't mutilate original parts.

Re:Toyota Bruiser 7 years 4 months ago #41294

Just received it, first things first, the lights have already a hole for light bulbs, (those itty bitty bulbs of the 80's) but a couple of 3mm daylight LEDs can fill the bill.

Then found some missing parts, it lacks the rearview mirrors, my fault for not noticing it, even if it has the holes for them. Found that the gearbox lever is missing (the part that connects the servo to the actual gearbox rod) no biggie I can work it out with some thick piano wire, like one from a coathanger. Also rear axle diff is locked, perhaps it has a bruiser axle there...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.