Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #42874

Aha! I see. Thanks Sting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #42875

That's my lunchbox stick maintain system ;) because I miss the piece. And it wok well.

UT's Buggies 7 years 4 days ago #42905

Hold on to your nuts! .. and bolts, here comes my Hornet/Grasshopper hybrid buggy!

After some spinning around on the artificial football field the tires are clean. We have a plastic/rubber grass football court near where I live, which is great for slidning around after a dirt-run. The 'grass' looks and feels just like any door mat, though green like grass, and it cleans the tires perfectly! All I need to do then is to empty gravel and sand from the car by turning it upside down.

Pose #1

Pose #2

Po.. you get it.

I am becoming quite good at handling my Hornhopper, so next will probably be a little youtube clip. But to show some really tasty slomo dirt shoveling I need a hi-fps rate action camera. I must go to the shop to look on up.

Let me just say this that I am having so much fun with this "entry level RC" it's crazy! It's so easy driven and responsive, once you learn its steering abilities, acceleration and braking on gravel/ dry dirt, and other surfaces, you can really feel the extension of your finger tips all the way to the wheels!

So much fun this car, I keep forgetting my other more expensive buggies on my shelves!

.. but I will need to do something about those rear shocks soon. Anybody have a good suggestion for some good alternative 65-80 mm long dampers?
Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 7 years 4 days ago #42906

:woohoo: I need another grass. I have a nude hornet chassis wich needs a body. You gave me jealous :P

UT's Buggies 7 years 4 days ago #42908

Hahah.. thanks Sting! Well, go for it then. Get a Grasshopper body, remove the front post / body mount and the two rear damper-adapters from the chassi, you got yourself a real Hornhopper.

The only thing I find a bit tedious with the Grasshopper body is the screws, you don't just un-clip the body but you need to un-screw four screws. This means that you need to carry with you a screwdriver if you want to change the battery outside.

UT's Buggies 7 years 3 days ago #42913

:y: I know very well the grasshopper. I just need a body. The budget is too limited. I will wait a little but I would like to have a grass runner like my lunchy

Last edit: by stingray-63.

UT's Buggies 7 years 2 days ago #42922

The weather has been very cooperative here in Stockholm, and I've been doing some really awesome buggy driving around my hood. This time I've equipped my Fighting Buggy with a Tamiya TBLE-02s and the 5000mAh battery from Maxam, driving with my new TF-40 wheel-controller from HPI. And I think I've found my radio gear. The TF-40 feels so good in my hands, the wheel is soft and responsive, I don't even need the tire around the wheel to numb any overdistinct centering, it's smooth as it is! And it's *very* handicap-friendly under one hand operation (... while filming). So here's my Fighter rock'n rolling for its first time!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 7 years 2 days ago #42927

To share with you some pictures of my ready Fighting Buggy now, I can say that I am *very* happy with it. I didn't paint it yet, and there's no driver inside, yet, but it has custom copper colored buggy-rims and a custom minimalistic front bumper.

Ready to rock!

Some earlier pictures that show how I install the ESC and receiver.

A word about the shocks: I don't fill the dampers with oil, rather just put a little oil in and around to make them slide good. Also the rear shock on Fighting Buggy, as you can see I've covered the injection hole with only enough oil to make the piston slide. This way I don't need to worry about leakage. The suspension still works great as you hopefully noticed in my YT-clip last post.

Here it touches earth, I had been test driving it on the artificial football field before to make some adjustments. Now it's time for a ½ hour evening walk to see how it follows.

And.. right, I forgot to mention, it doesn't want to follow. It want's to lead! All dogs BEWARE!!

Attachments:

UT's Buggies 7 years 2 days ago #42929

:woohoo: I love it! :y:

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 day ago #42935

I love it too!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.