Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 7 years 2 weeks ago #43038

I have a problem. A moral one, I guess. It's about my Hornhopper, I'm about to recycle it. I have no intention driving it again, and it has certain parts that will come in handy for my other cars. Nor does it have any nostalgic value to me, or any particular use for technical reference due to its simple design.

I have been thinking about it a while but untill my re-re Holiday Buggy purchase it still had its place on the shelf. Space gets more valuable for each car I buy, and now it is a matter of not expanding shelf space more. (And I do have more cars coming in.)

Is there any reason to keep my Hornhopper? Please tell me.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 7 years 2 weeks ago #43039

As a confirmation of what buggy I'm driving these days

... my Fighter's rear tire.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43045

Trick it out to the max... there's quite a lot you can still mod that really improves performance.

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43053

Wow! That's really terrific engineering there, Ed.

I may appear slightly boring now, but I just cannot spend the energy and resources needed to make mine that way. I have limited competence around these models so I'd rather do as little hacking / moding as possible.

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43055

;) send it to France. I have ideas for a hopper :P

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43057

Can't take credit for the second picture, that's just the best example I found of the CRP Futaba FX10 front mod (which I have not done myself yet). It's not all that expensive... but mine's got Super Hornet suspension. Rear will become black CVAs instead of the Frog shocks.
It's got extra rear axle dampening too - doesn't hop around as much anymore now:

Last edit: by Edou.

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43059

Sting. That just may be a great idea. Sadly I will be taking the wheels and certain details I might need for buggies like my vintage Holiday and certain other plastic Tamiyas, that I may be curious about in the future, like the FAV or Wild One. But I could send you the remains with bodies if you like. Shall I make a box for you?

Thanks Ed. I see. Another innovative mod to the Grass / Hornet rear suspension. I'm sure that there are a few more ways yet to modify the suspnesion, but then I don't see why not simply use another chassi with the Grasshopper body. Nostalgia for this particular model is turning people into engineers, which is good, only to realize that the vehicle initially is a stiff-ended buggy-looking dragster. The fact that it needs heavy modding to get a decent damping tells me it's not a buggy design.

Anyway here's what's left.

And bodies

Attachments:

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43061

And today's catch was not a buggy, but a .. rally car! The Datsun 240Z with a TT-01 chassi.

TT-01 is like a normal car. It has adjustable suspension so I will tweak it to rally specs.

Beautiful body.

Attachments:

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43063

:woohoo: Yeahhhhh !!!! A 240Z. TOOOOO NICE! :y:

UT's Buggies 7 years 1 week ago #43079

So what about the Horn-hopper remains, Sting? You want them? I'll make a box for you, no cost for stuff, only for the shipping which will be under 20 Euro for a packet under 1 kg. Let me know if you want it.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.