Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43272

:woohoo: I love your triple action picture.
I must try my superchamp....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43278

You mean you don't run your Super champ, Sting? That is a serious case of RC abuse!

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43279

:blush: yes. Never run since its rebuilding like the ranger and many of my cars.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43369

I'm currently doing the painting of bodies and drivers. The painting itself isn't too hard, what is hard is deciding how to paint the drivers, in what colors helmets should be, if any stripes or extras, stripes on bodies, what color combos .. I'm watching alot of old Mint 400 clips on YT these days.

Now, it seems I've been driving my Fighting Buggy alot, because it's starting to wear out the universal joints, so I want to ask if anybody has a good source for these.

I don't want to buy expensive one piece bags, rather 10, or more in one go. Ali Express has many, but not the exact measurements. Thanks for any advice on this.

I must admit I've not given this alot of ebay searching as I'm hoping some of you may have a source.
Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43372

Not sure but you maybe find on radio spare or farnell.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43373

Thanks Sting. Well, internet is full of them, ebay too. But they are 23mm length. Not 31mm. I've bought a couple to try see if they work. I think the 23mm lenght will be sufficient.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43485

I think my paint work is going well enough. Slow, but well.

Yesteday I finished my Fighting Buggy body.

For long I considered using an alternative decals organization as I think that Tamiya's is way overkill. And I was a little worried that I may mess up those long stripes while installing them. Still I cut them all out very carefully and put them in a plastic bag. I'm still not sure if I want to add more decals, or leave it like it is.

I have a second body just in case, maybe I'd like to use another color later alternating between this body and ... a yellow (?)

The driver drove me crazy. I don't know how many times I changed my mind about the helmet and the suit. So after a few days googling for rally suit and rally hemlets I came out with this. Just that now I've changed my mind again, after hours of watching vintage baja rallies on youtube I understand that my driver looks like one from a 1995 F1 race, not a 70's Mint 400! So I've bought another driver set off ebay to paint in a simpler theme.

If you have *any advice* for me about themes or any suggestions for hemlet/suit motifs, please shot. I'm open to anything.
Attachments:

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43488

Very nice Tom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43490

Thanks Sting.
I've seen people strip paint off the body with some solvent. Any idea what solvent I should use for that?

(I'll be trying with a regular "Paint remover" from my local Biltema (chinese car parts shop))

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #43492

You can try costic soda, grafitti remover, oven cleaner spray under the sun and in a bag and finally pouncing.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.