Keyword

TOPIC:

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44423

I am still waiting it, but I want to start this tread for advices.

I found a blazing blazer wich looks in a good condition. My goal is to restore it nicely and I would like have small and quite run with it. What have I to do with the gear box, trans and other mobile parts?
Have I to dismantle the gearbox? And wich grease need I to use.........
The following user(s) Liked this: BCM06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44427

I have no experience with these bit am following to learn. Are you planning to do some crawling with it? I have always used inox high pressure grease in my diffs and gears but I'm sure one of the experts will chime in with how best to treat her...
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44428

Article at tamiya101.com/a...ission.asp (the PDF it links to is no longer there, but I downloaded it a while back, so PM me your email adress if you want it :) ) - I guess you should read that & compare how confident you are with it the process vs how dirty/worn/noisy the Blazer gearbox is when it arrives.

PS I didn't have any trouble with the re-re Bruiser gearbox (other than one section where the manual says something like "use shims to adjust end float" but didn't specify what it should be), but then that was designed to be put together at home...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44429

Thanks guys.
Jonny pm sent.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44431

Here are saler's picts.
Attachments:

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44432

Attachments:

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44434

Best ask Manotas, for tips.
If you need new tires, lucky you, they are the same as for Willy and there is a guy on TC that sells nice repro ones.
For the gearbox Manu did several posts on that one and there is a good PDF for that too (English)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44439

Sure! Manu is a pro. He adviced me for my buy. Jonny sent me several pdf too and they are very detailed. I am nervous about this BB because I only seen picts. The body looks very nice. But it had a big shoot on the front of the chassis. I hope that it is only light chassis damages and that the transmission is ok. I wait to receive it to order bearings if they aren't.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44443

Fingers crossed buds but she looks pretty ok ... I wouldn't be to worried. Still a nice score regardless
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44444

That front damage doesn't look to bad, bend alloy pipe can be replaced don't think the front axle or gearbox took damage. I got some rere drivers for the hilux if you are looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.