Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44447

Thanks Sander. I am ok for the pilot. Give me your price with the orlandoo aq. I am excited to receive it. The only matter is that I can't take my old 4 channels radiogear before 1 or 2 weeks. I will try to straight the pipe and give the BB a second life.
Are tires the same as the grasshopper? I fall in love with the blazing blazer. More than with other old 3 speed. In second position is the hilux body and third the mountainer.
I learned to that the BB was a cheap hilux. And I have( or had) a parma lexan body version. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44449

I don't know if I should to.repaint the body in black (like boxart) or keep it like it is brushed in metalic blue but with its original decals.......
What would do you do guys?

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44450

No grasshopper are smaller you need the old Wild Willy tires as said there is somebody on TC how sells a set of 4 repro tires (approx. 60€)
Who is fourth the bruiser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44451

Yes the bruiser is the fourth.
I hope that tires are good ( I don't remind if they are a little crackeled or not). I would like to have small soft runs with it to try the 4x2 to 4x4.

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44460

I don't know if I should to.repaint the body in black (like boxart) or keep it like it is brushed in metalic blue but with its original decals.......

It's a nice blue (sort of a metallic Alpine Blue) - but even from the photos it's apparent that it's streaky, uneven & a bit blobby, I think that outweighs the benefits of keeping at it is, even if it does mean losing the original decals I'd strip & repaint.

As for colour, I think that medium blue colours look good on it, red doesn't work for me, yellow looks weak on it (as does white), green doesn't work IMO, brown just looks wrong, gold is a possibilty, but a bit left field... most are solid black but I think it's a bit uninspiring. Personally I'd go for some sort of medium blue metallic - the same or a bit lighter than what's currently on there - just a better finish :)

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44463

Thanks Jonny. I'll do that :y:

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44464

I am still waiting it, but I want to start this tread for advices.

I found a blazing blazer wich looks in a good condition. My goal is to restore it nicely and I would like have small and quite run with it. What have I to do with the gear box, trans and other mobile parts?
Have I to dismantle the gearbox? And wich grease need I to use.........

Hi Flo,

The Blazer looks in pretty good condition... ( I've seen it )

The front alloy pipe can be made easily from Aluminum tube and/or eventually made with a lathe.

or check this one :

Here you can also find great wheels

Or just the tires :

If i'm not wrong i think i have 4 tires left from my SWB WW...but i'll have to check

The rear lights are almost impossible to find... you'll have to go for repro ones.

For the Gearbox it's up to you..it depends what you really want to do with it.
The first thing is to dismantle the gearbox case and see how the inside looks like. Oce you've done that you can decide wether you go for Ballbearings or leave it like that.

There are a few manuals on the net for the ballbearing fittment. According the one i'm using you need 4 0.5mm thick shims to replace the 850 flanged bushing forthe flanged ball bearing.

This is theory...and according to my experience this works only if you place all the gears in the exact same position as the factory did. I have already made this 4 or 5 times on 3 speed transmissions and never had the same spacing as the factory.

The best method, is to measure the exact gap once you fitted the gears again and start from that point for the adjustment.
This will take some time because you will have to do this operation for all the 850 bearings.
But i can tell you, once you've done it, the gearbox will run very smooth and much better than original.

For the grease, i'll recommend to use Teflon based grease for the simple reason beacause it won't attack neither the aluminuim nor the bronze gears. I even use it on plastic cases as this grease is HC exempt.
I'm using this one

Anyway, if you need any assistance or anything else do not hesitate to drop me a PM. I'd be glad to help you with the gearbox.
I still have 3 or 4 set ballbearings here waiting for a gearbox :lol:

Bonne chance
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Last edit: by Manotas.

Re:My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44465

I'd def go for boxart black...

Well that's my opinion

Try to save the decals ( they look original on the pictures ) as i did on my Monster Beetly resto.
You can heat them up very slowly with a hair dryer ( you're wife will be very happy :P :P ) and stick them on a plastic sheet until the paintjob is done.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44467

For info: a Bruiser Transmission Rebuild Manual is in the TamiyaBase Downloads section:

tamiyabase.com/...anual.html

:-D

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

My first vintage 3 speed blazing blazer 6 years 10 months ago #44468

Thank you so much guys
PS: Manu, I saved 100€ from the last ebay price. ;)

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.