Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45500

Needs to come out of the bag for a proper valuation:

- chassis version will make a difference, early short wheelbase versions (host of differences but most obvious is a round hole in the metal brackets on the side vs slots on the later "long" WB ones);
- grille on front is fragile so damage there will hurt value;
- damage to the bulkhead behind it even more so;
- mechanism box lid is often missing;
- state of wheelie bars tends to show amount of use.

Manual, bag & radio all add provenance/value, but the clockwork fast charger is worth nothing :(

Missing rollcage front/back/sides will affect value, as will the paint on the wheels & bumper, and the paint on the driver not being the same as the "box art".

250 GBP would be a bit of a stretch for a SWB car if there are no more issues than show in your photo, but it's just about possible - less post, eBay's 10% & Paypal, so a bit over 200, real world. For a LWB car, it would have to be a new build (i.e. built but not used) to realise that much IMO - 150 (less the various rakeoffs) would be more realistic.

Sale option to realise the most amount of cash (but potentially more hassle with buyers getting remorseful about how much they spent & yanking your chain re payment) is a lot of decent, hi res photos that show everything, auction listing ending somewhere between 9 and 10pm on a Sunday. 2nd option is a fixed price listing (again with the photos) requiring immediate payment, at a fair price - one that makes someone that knows what they're looking at suck air through their teeth - but click "buy it now" anyway - that way you hopefully avoid the chancers with their lowball "offers", wanting to pay in "a couple of weeks", or swap for something :whistle:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45501

Hey there,
I need to agree with Stingray on that one, did those models sell or where they just " buy it now listings"? You can ask what ever you want but somebody else needs to agree to pay it before you have a sale.
Could be a good project, can you post some better pictures perhaps, its really hard to tell condition from that picture other than it's a bag of parts. :) Speaking of bags is that an old Beatties tote bag?? I am not trying to nit pick your Willy but condition means a lot, they were frequent victims of roll overs and crashes, the front grill and winch being a fairly weak design for impacts :( The roll bar assembly looks to be missing, although it looks like there is one for a city turbo? in there and I am sure that is not the correct antenna mounted to the body. Seems to have some cool weathering applied to the windshield too. :) The tyres that I can see look to be in good shape, not bald and white from storage, but that washes off, sidewall cracking ?? can't tell from here. ;) Is that a "full size" spare mounted to the back? That's kind of a cool mod if it is. So fire up that camera and lets see what else is in the bag. Someone else here might just want to make you an offer, or try ebay with it. But always be careful when checking those completed listing that you are checking actual sold items not just asking prices, they mean nothing if they don't sell. Either way is a really cool bag of stuff, kind of like a time capsule.....really cool man.....B) B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45504

• LUK3C
  • LUK3C's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thanks for your feedback guys, I'll certainly take a few more pictures hopefully later on this evening :y: :y: :y:

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45505

one that makes someone that knows what they're looking at suck air through their teeth - but click "buy it now" anyway

Thanks Jonny, I know exactly what you mean, I do it too..... I have just never seen it put so well!! I had to laugh out loud when I read that one......Thanks alot :laugh:

BTW, that's gold listing advice, those are the auctions I avoid to stay out of big bidding wars and watch out for the snipers... ;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45506

On the WW2 is a radiator not used by the mutt body. Could it replace brocken or missing WW1 one?

The beaties bag is very fun. I have one used and cuted to stock my lunchy in the car. These bags are funny.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Vintage Wild Willy 6 years 7 months ago #45513

On the WW2 is a radiator not used by the mutt body. Could it replace brocken or missing WW1 one?...

Yes, it's the same part, just unused on the WW2 ... the only problem I've had with the radiator on a vintage Willy is it being bonded on so well that I've had to saw it off ...

To clarify, this is what I meant by the bulkhead - and what they can sometimes look like:

... took me a while to find it... looking back, 43 GBP for an SWB Willy now seems very cheap, even if I've never seen one quite that bad before or after :blink:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.