Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 7 years 1 week ago #43108

Thx, I think that will do for shapeways maybe even print metal ones.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #43916

Final paint update from today's batch - the Scorcher shell is now in VW "Alpine White" & is getting some extended drying time :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, sellig

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44248

After airbrushing 5 coats of X-14 Sky Blue, I can't say this doesn't have issues (small bits of drift, definitely needs some line tape {especially on the hood petals}, definitely needs cleacoat oo) - but at least I haven't totally bannoxed this paintjob up so far ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Manotas, AndyAus

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44249

:huh: it looks nice Jonny.

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44267

Final paint update from today's batch - the Scorcher shell is now in VW "Alpine White" & is getting some extended drying time :)

Nice Jonny..

I might get inspired by your thread as i'm doing the paint job on my Scorcher...Btw, nice paint...
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44271

Beautiful job there, Jonny. If any paint drifted cross borders, I just don't notice it in your picture.

I'm looking forward to the rubber trimming around the windows. You'll be doing those later, right?

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44276

Beautiful job there, Jonny. If any paint drifted cross borders, I just don't notice it in your picture.

I'm looking forward to the rubber trimming around the windows. You'll be doing those later, right?

It needs to sit for a bit, then I'll do the lining & clearcoating ... window rubbers (which I really dislike doing) will come later :)

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44280

You are a king of THE detail.

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44490

Did the lining (Kyosho Micron 0.7mm tape) & two coats of clearcoat (Halfords) ... finish looks a little dry in places, especially on the white, so I'm debating whether to go for another heavy coat & risk messign it all up or leaving it & hoping it improves with rubbing put after adequate hardening time ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

(Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 6 years 10 months ago #44491

I would keep it like that. It is very shiny and looks too nice. I am jealous with my poor blitzer beetle SS clone.:y: :y: :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.