Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 6 months ago #24484

Also stripped the chassis down reading for cleaning ... nothing particularly notable apart from a lot of plastic bits have had the thread stripped out, one of the shock shafts is wrong, the bumper holder is cracked (I have spares for both I think) & rally poor soldering on the motor - if you're going to the trouble of resoldering, why wouldn't you cut & strip the wiring back properly first?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27394

I'm still going to have a go at repairing the old body, but I decided it was a bit too far gone to be something I'd want to see mostly on a shelf... so, of the 110 GBP I spent on a "good condition" truck, I'll be using the wheels & tyres (which aren't that good TBH) and a repro decal sheet :whistle:

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27395

Incedently I stripped the paint from my Sand Rover body last week with a paint-stripper that i purchased from B&Q hardware in the UK...
It is low VOC content water based and safe to handle and it stripped all of the paint perfectly and did not damage the plastic at all.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27396

Nice bodyset i need one myself for my blackfoot 3 chassis uk prices are :silly:

Do you still have that beetle bodyshell??

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27397

The green/orange one? Yes, it's still sitting on the Monster Beetle chassis that will probably be a donor for this build ...

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27400

Really nice paintwork looks great :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27441

:pinch: :cry: :blush: I'm back from UK today and I homit to buy de solv it... poor guy :n: :n:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27443

Looking forward to seeing how you paint the grill as I'm at that stage with my resto now and I can't decide on the best method to paint the black recessed bits?

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27451

Looking forward to seeing how you paint the grill as I'm at that stage with my resto now and I can't decide on the best method to paint the black recessed bits?

TBH I haven't really thought about it, AFAIK the usual method is to brush paint very carefully & clean off any excess while it's still wet ... though now I'm thinking running slightly thinned Tamiya acrylic in with a blunt 18 guage needle & a small syringe...

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 10 years 1 month ago #27453

Perso I use a permanent marker with a fine point

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.