Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28834

More work on this yesterday...

Back end: windows are just apertures at the moment (frames & glazing to come), door will be openable so frame on right side is just taped on for the time being, so I can put hinges on later.

Fake side door is similar...

Mk.2 roof rails Dremmelled out of 1.5mm styrene; mk.1 (taller & from 3mm sheet) were far too chunky.

Roof is just held on by gravity at the moment, I want to leave it open as possible while I fit out the interior ...

... but it will have a couple of large openings - a large one for display on the back, and a smaller one at the front end for access to the electronic I'm still planning to site in the bunk area; roof rails double up as handles.

... and talking of planning, I'm still thinking about the engine sound speaker housing - looking at the size of the unit & enclosure in the 1:14 Tamiya trucks, I don't think I really need anything like the size I had sketched out earlier.

This is my current, back-of-a-cigarette-packet plan - left side from the rear will be a small bench seat & fridge on the low section, small work surface & cooker on the raised bed, fake cupboards underneath + fake cupboards & extractor overhead. Right side will be bench seat & sink on the low section, + speaker housing on the upper section where the cupboard/shower/wc area should be:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28836

Maybe a moon roof in the rear?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28838

Maybe a moon roof in the rear?

1:1 doesn't have one, but small (opaque & sculpted) roof lights are in the "to do" list:

rear arch spats

windows: bunk front, bunk LHS, bunk RHS, side door, LHS rear, RHS rear 1, RHS rear 2, rear door, rear panel L, rear panel R

window frames (ditto)

door tops

fake canopy housing

rear bumpers

side door & rear door steps

LHS & RHS bench seats + covers

curtains: closed - bunk front, bunk LHS, bunk RHS, bunk area, side door; open - LHS rear, RHS rear 1, RHS rear 2, rear door, rear panel L, rear panel R

roof lights?

bunk area/leading edge decorative strip

rear ladder

spare wheel

rear light clusters

fridge + exterior grille

LHS work surface/cooker/cupboards

LHS overhead cupboards + extractor + exterior vent

aircon exterior vent? + fuel filler cap

foldaway table?

sink unit

fake exhaust?

fake fuel tank?

power/water/waste external hookups

fake gas bottle storage panel

speaker unit (w. fake cupboards/dunny door, or curtain?)

front lights: headlight buckets/lenses, indicator

door mirrors

windscreen

cab interior: doors, dash, mod. driver, seats, ("something" on LHS seat to hide servo?)

front & rear body mounts

stiffer springs

number plates, fake rear number plate light housing

strip wheels

white primer

paint: internal - beige (or wallpaper?), external + wheels - off white; units - dark (or mid?) brown,

hubcaps - chrome

external vinyl graphics - orange & gold?

fablon: floor - wood plank; cupboards etc - different grain

sump guard, rear corner guards?

electrics - RX power switch, 27 mhz RX (antenna?), Tamiya ESC, UBEC unit, sound generator unit (Technobots c. 60 GBP)

:)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28839

Which soundgenerator are you looking for? I have a technobot but thats prety basic.
Diesel Engine Sound Simulator got it two or three years ago. (didnt use it much)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28840

Which soundgenerator are you looking for? I have a technobot but thats prety basic.
Diesel Engine Sound Simulator got it two or three years ago. (didnt use it much)

I'm looking at this one: www.technobotso...m-mk2.html (engine in this RV should be a straight 6 petrol :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28841

I maybe have an old robbe sound generator JR. My father bought it for his king hauler when the tam one didn't exist. :( I have to refind it :blush:

For your interior, I'll see a nonice vintage Brown wallpaper with big Brown flowers :silly: and a waxed web on the table.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28846

That confused me - spotted you're doing a BF & was going to offer you a fairly tidy body I've got kicking about in the loft so skipped a few pages & now monster trucks have been dropped for caravans....

Not a fan of sandles & sibling-love, but I have to say I DO like what you're doing with this!
Like the idea of using a CC01 chassis, it's very close to what 2wd pickups use (Live axle rear, wishbone front), & that body looks far better with "proper" size wheels than terras.

Seems to me NOBODY does a particularly realistic-sounding generator, although the PIC-based ones that can run MP3 files are pretty close.
I was toying with the idea of building an engine sound generator just over a year ago, but got distracted... I got as far as building the V8 ignition sequencer, but struggled to get the thing to sound "right" at low revs (Sounded great at F1 speeds though!). By the time I got to "How do I link rpm to ESC output" I'd kinda lost interest.
Suddenly 160gpb for the proper thing didn't sound that expensive any more & I started to have visions of becoming one of the tractor-truck enthusiasts, spending all my time on special lighting & practicing backing trailers into the cat litter tray... Train set in the loft next? Nooo!

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28861

I might as well go for the sound generator, much as I'd like to fit out the bathroom & make a 1:10 Armitage Shanks flusher, the high tub has compromised where the floor in the front half of the van is, so it couldn't be included anyway. The space I have should allow for a reasonably sized driver by RC standards (I've ordered a 10w 8 ohm 87mm one, plus a smaller 2w 66mm one as backup), this plus a reasonably large enclosure (again, only by RC standards), stuffed & possibly ported should generate some 200hz ish frequencies for a degree of realism.

The sound unit I've been looking at does have a horn facility & remote engine start/stop, but as I'm sticking with 2-channel 27mz radio gear (for compatibility with the light set) I won't be able to use them, no real loss IMO as it was just a single tone.

The weather really isn't up to al fresco spraying (so work can continue on the "proper" Blackfoot, so work continues on the RV: mostly windows but a few greeblies too, including rear wheelarch moustaches dremelled from 3mm sheet.

I still have a lot of detail to add to the outside, but I need to start thinking about lights - especially the rears - as they will compromise where other bits can go, and wiring runs need to be thought about before I start fitting out the interior. I swear the bit of cardboard came like that (a stiffener in my last batch of styrene sheet, but don't the Dutch have a whole holiday based on that concept? ;)

Weight is climbing all the time, with the motor & steering servo but none of the other electronics or battery, without the cab or van interior ... 2,070g. And yet, somehow, the balance point has only moved back 25mm behind the B pillar, i.e. halfway along the thing, and still between the wheels.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28862

Plenty of lights B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28863

Thank you very much ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.