Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45479

Well I like it JR, Looking forward to an overall shot soon :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45483

Your work in fantastic. I like both, the custom model work and also the purpose of the vehicle you modelled your RC vehicle after.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 6 months ago #45972

I'm putting this here as although I haven't finished the CMP yet, I realised I would quite like to build a CC-01 Land Rover at some point - but it had to be a specific one: a 1:10 version of the 1975, 1:32 diecast Britains SWB ("Farm" version) I had as a youngling, as the proportions just don't look correct to me without a canvas topper.

It's pretty slab sided, so shouldn't be too difficult, although the curved bonnet (hood) and headlamp sections will take more work. Cotton bakers drill will replicate the look of the canvas top/back quite well - but getting the sag & wrinkles right will take a bit of thought.

Obviously I need a template to work from - I could have got a nice, boxed example but 50 GBP was more than I could justify spending, at the cheap end of the market i was always going to want to strip & repaint, so this grotty "Police" version was not quite as daft as it first seemed. This one had both wing mirrors (fragile so are often missing) & the canvas topper (held on by one small self adhesive foam pad so again gets lost), and also the spare wheel & driver, and all the decals. The front roof lights being badly home made versions, the silly Christmas cracker light bar & the acrylic yellow brushed over grit & hair :S didn't really matter too much ...

Often, the rivet holding the chassis & body together comes out very easily, but this one was in very tight & was the hardest I've encountered - I got through 8 small drill bits... metal roof has been sanded back to check for primer/previous colours/porosity, plastic roof has been drilled out to 5, 4, & 3 mm to take it back to a clean point (can't say I approve of using masses of cyanoacrylate on its own as a filler :whistle:)... "nail" towbar is correct

Back from the shed after media blasting (recycled glass grit followed by glass micro beads)

Plastic roof holes plugged, filled & sanded, almost ready for primer ...

The decals I wanted to keep/replace, peeled off & scanned...

... and redrawn - I will print these on clear inkjet vinyl & stick to aluminium foil tape prior to cutting out to get something of a chrome look:

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 6 months ago #45976

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :y: :y: :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 6 months ago #45981

Wow,
Mr. Jonny, your work constantly amazes me. :) the tiny landy is looking great, it's always good to bring one back from the scrap heap. I use to hear all about destroying it's collectability, but honestly nobody was going to collect that one...a place holder at best. Now it will be great again......thanks to you..:)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 6 months ago #46245

Finished the Britains Landy - topper is mostly Flat White with a few drops of Yellow Green & a very light wash of Hull Red, chassis is aerosol satin black, body is 50:50 mix of Flat White & Flat Blue overcoated with a 67:33 mix of Clear & Flat Clear, plus a wash of Flat Blue, remaining bits got a buzz in the ultrasonic tank before assembly.

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 6 months ago #46246

Cute landy Jonny.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 2 months ago #47780

Bit closer to starting this ... another Landfreeder kit arrived this afternoon :)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 2 months ago #47782

:woohoo:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 2 months ago #47855

Progress has been a bit, well, bitty on the Landy, I built the chassis but forgot I'd need a lower turn motor (built it with a 35T to be going on with) and radio gear, also forgot that the Landfreeder tyres really aren't suitable - but was aware I'd need to do something to the wheels...

45T motor arrived - so powerful it broke it's way out of the packaging on the way :whistle:
Also skimmed the wheel faces & turned the wheel add-ons...

Radio gear (Hobbyking 6ch 2.4GHz stick set) modified for conventional car left throttle stick action; wheel faces bolted on:

1:32 Landy photographed & plans drawn up:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.