Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40392

I'm embarking on paint it, my option is Red is a no no... also I'm too clumsy to mask windows properly so I'm decided to paint it like (almost) the Ateam GMC Vandura.

Anthracite below (up the black separator line) Said line would be Red and upwards it would be a deep Black, perhaps complemented with some black on silver rims.

www.shcars.co.u...3.38-0.jpg

on this picture you can see that black line is a natural duotone separator. :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40393

Hi Dash,
I would say its just as hard to mask the separator line as it is to mask the windows. On the other hand I would like to see an F40 with a two-tone paint job :y:

Give the window masking a go, and see what happens:
Add good quality masking tape to the inside and make sure to apply tape to a larger area than necessary. Then use a sharp hobby knife and cut gently along the window outer edges.
Remove the excess and finally push down the window mask's edges before painting.

I'm embarking on paint it, my option is Red is a no no... also I'm too clumsy to mask windows properly so I'm decided to paint it like (almost) the Ateam GMC Vandura.

Anthracite below (up the black separator line) Said line would be Red and upwards it would be a deep Black, perhaps complemented with some black on silver rims.

www.shcars.co.u...3.38-0.jpg

on this picture you can see that black line is a natural duotone separator. :woohoo:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40398

Personally I'd put the dividing line on the outside after painting, using line tape or suitably finely guillotined vinyl :whistle:

I'm not clear on why the 2-tone colour scheme negates the need for window masks - windows sprayed black on the inside won't look like tinited windows - they'll look like you forgot to (or couldn't be arsed to) mask them :(

I thought I'd written up something on making window masks but it turns out I hadn't - tamiyabase.com/...r-own.html & tamiyabase.com/...odies.html come close though.

:)

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40402

Then okay, this is my second Mid Custom and through it had exterior masking on window edges, after reading the info I have seen it wasn't true, so, masking with micron and apply black with brush (for control) would be it

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40501

This is the thing.

Ordered the paint and I'm readying the body for brush paint it. :evil:

Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: inserted the image

Suggestions to paint an F40 Lexan body 7 years 6 months ago #40506

I like it!

This is the thing.

Ordered the paint and I'm readying the body for brush paint it. :evil:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.